Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCS questions

1. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed

PCS questions

Advertisements
    My husband got orders for Alaska- he'll be leaving his current duty station in mid-September and then going to recruiter school. I'm going to be on vacation in Alaska for two months this summer anyway (has been planned for far longer than the new orders) and was going to just stay there at the end of the trip and get settled in a little early. This would mean I would need to move our household goods in mid-May, just before the trip.

My husband doesn't have hard copy orders yet.

How does this work? He has to have hard copies in order to get on the list for base housing, the CDC, to get our things shipped...and in order to arrange for our household goods to be shipped, we have to have an address for them to send it to, correct? So, if you don't know what your address will be (say we've gotten on the list for base housing by this point), what do you do? Or can they tell you your new address before you move in for this reason?

My husband will be going with the ship for its deployment in the summer and I really see no point in my not going ahead and moving to our new duty station since I'll already be there for vacation anyway. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of the whole situation. He'll be deployed, so it's not like he could have the stuff shipped after I get there and find a house. I'm such a planner so this has me all stressed out. I just want everything to fall into place smoothly. Sorry, so many questions!
  2. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    I can work the google on the internet machine!
    Amy, (1) Calm down, relax
    If you do not have destination addy when you ship your HHG they will just ship it to the JPPSO there in AK. Then you call them with your addy once you get it. I'm sure you will most likely get TLA when you get there. Also do you know how long the wait list is for housing? Hard Copy Orders should be coming soon. D said that it only took about a month for him to receive his, hasn't been about that long since you found out?

Make about 8-10 copies of your orders, you will need about all of them especially when you and A fly to AK.

(2) Did you finish your homework?
    Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.- Days of Thunder(Nicole Kidman)
  3. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by shellbellwillis View Post
    Amy, (1) Calm down, relax
    If you do not have destination addy when you ship your HHG they will just ship it to the JPPSO there in AK. Then you call them with your addy once you get it. I'm sure you will most likely get TLA when you get there. Also do you know how long the wait list is for housing? Hard Copy Orders should be coming soon. D said that it only took about a month for him to receive his, hasn't been about that long since you found out?

Make about 8-10 copies of your orders, you will need about all of them especially when you and A fly to AK.

(2) Did you finish your homework?
    Ha, thanks Shelly. You know me, a bit neurotic. Always anxious. Devin said we have to know the address where we'll be moving in order to get the household goods shipped. I was trying to figure out a way that that would be possible.

No idea how long the wait list is, Devin's been working until about 10pm every night (inspection cycle) and will be in and out most of this month, and hasn't been able to talk to anyone about anything. Leaving me to stress out.

We found out...umm...few weeks ago? Maybe a month, I'm not sure.

I REALLY need to get on the list for the CDC because if the wait list is 12-15 months like it is here, I'm...in trouble. She will be in an NAEYC accredited school which, in Anchorage, run about $1000 a month outside the CDC. With a BS in family resources, lord knows if I'll even be making that much.

Homework? Umm... I keep falling asleep every time I try.
  4. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Ha, thanks Shelly. You know me, a bit neurotic. Always anxious. Devin said we have to know the address where we'll be moving in order to get the household goods shipped. I was trying to figure out a way that that would be possible.

No idea how long the wait list is, Devin's been working until about 10pm every night (inspection cycle) and will be in and out most of this month, and hasn't been able to talk to anyone about anything. Leaving me to stress out.

We found out...umm...few weeks ago? Maybe a month, I'm not sure.

I REALLY need to get on the list for the CDC because if the wait list is 12-15 months like it is here, I'm...in trouble. She will be in an NAEYC accredited school which, in Anchorage, run about $1000 a month outside the CDC. With a BS in family resources, lord knows if I'll even be making that much.

Homework? Umm... I keep falling asleep every time I try.
    we didnt have an address in San Diego when we set up our HHG shipment, I just called them on Friday to give them my destination address.
    You, know how the navy can take its sweet time, Hell I had to go to PSD to get a flight off the island.
    Devin's orders should be coming soon, if he hasn't already received them, I dont know if he has had a chance to check his ship's email or not, but that is where he would receive them at.
    Hang in there, You have my # if you have any questions.
    Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.- Days of Thunder(Nicole Kidman)
  5. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Psh, I know I have your number woman.

You just HAD to up and leave me here, didn't you?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well I am of no help, but since I already live here, Im going to give you an early welcome to ALAKSA!!!
  7. Amy
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDarland View Post
    well I am of no help, but since I already live here, Im going to give you an early welcome to ALAKSA!!!
    Well thanks! I'm getting all prepared. My daughter has been walking around in her snow boots and mittens for the last week.
  8. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    Psh, I know I have your number woman.

You just HAD to up and leave me here, didn't you?
    ummm.... well... we all three me you and steph were suppose to go back home and steph is the only lucky one that got to go home. , but hey we all left that island within months of each other. So you know what... I really dont know! I could not think of a comeback. So Im rambling plus its like 15 mins till midnight, austin is snoring and I cant go to bed.
  9. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    Well thanks! I'm getting all prepared. My daughter has been walking around in her snow boots and mittens for the last week.
    Ummm... I need pictures of this!!!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    what a goober. where in AK are you going to be?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast