Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oklahoma

1. Regular Member

oklahoma

Advertisements
    so i have a special needs baby that has to to be close to a hospital im worried about going to fort sill because im told there is nothing there my daughter has to be close to a ped neuroilgist and ped neuro surgon. is fort sill a good place ? im at ft hood been here 3 years ft sill will be the second base ive been to any info about the base and what its like living there would be peachy
  2. Regular Member
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I honestly don't know what there is in terms of medical care there... Lawton is a pretty large town, so I would think they would have anything you needed. If not, it's only about a 2 hour drive to OKC, and they definately have everything here.
  4. Regular Member
    ty that helps alot
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Is your daughter in the EFMP? If she is I don't think they'd send you somewhere where she couldn't get the treatment she needed. It's what they program is far, AFAIK.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Sorry I couldn't be more help. Try PM'ing Michaelsmom, she is at Ft. Sill. She might know more about the area.
  7. Regular Member
    yes she is but this is my first base and she could develop new problems because of the vp shunt i worry alot when it comes to her and we happen to be going to one of the few bases i know nothing about and nobody here has ever been
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Ski View Post
    Is your daughter in the EFMP? If she is I don't think they'd send you somewhere where she couldn't get the treatment she needed. It's what they program is far, AFAIK.
    your daughter should be in the EFMP so that you can't get sent anywhere she can't get the help/resources she needs.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by tdp3 View Post
    yes she is but this is my first base and she could develop new problems because of the vp shunt i worry alot when it comes to her and we happen to be going to one of the few bases i know nothing about and nobody here has ever been
    Michaelsmom is currently at Ft. Sill and DH went through AIT there. He's not home so I can't ask him about the medical care there right now. I'm sure there are many more people who have been stationed there. It's a pretty big post. I don't know much about EFMP but I'm sure they take potential future complications into account when deciding where to station you.
  10. Regular Member
    shes been enrolled in efmp for two and a half years now were on fort hood and her one doc in temple drives me crazy and has more kids then he can handle i hope the next one will be better
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast