Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashes and moving ?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ashes and moving ?

Advertisements
    Does anyone know - Do I need anything document wise in order to move my daughters ashes across state lines? She will be going either with us or with my Mom but I want to make sure that I have anything I need.
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  2. Senior Member
    I wouldn't think so. Just pack them in a safe spot in one of the cars.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I didnt. Danica's urn goes on every long trip that we do. I am too paranoid that something will happen if I dont have it.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I knew there was something you needed to transport a body across state lines. Just wasn't sure about the urn and ashes. She definitely won't be going with the movers as I would be paranoid that something would happen. As it is I'm terrified that something will happen to her during the transit.
    Guy meets girl
  5. Senior Member
    Oh hun....I can't even imagine. I am sure if she is in the car with you all will be fine for her urn and ashes. If anything maybe get a small plastic type box you can sit it in while on the floor or something so if it tips over everything get caught.

Sorry that sounds so crass and heartless and I don't mean it to. I just would hate for something to happen.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We took my Granny's ashes across state lines so that they could spread at a family cemetary. The place that cremated her knew what our plans were and never said a thing.

I actually have some of her ashes and they have been across quite a few state lines with not problem. I just make sure they are in the car with me and not left for the packers to pack up.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    My grandfather's ashes flew in my dad's suitcase from SC to CA. There was never an issue.
  8. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I wouldn't think so, there are people that make necklaces to hold ashes, and I'm sure they don't have to get a permit for the necklace every time they go out of state.

be cool.
  9. Senior Member
    I don't think you need one... I worked at a funeral home/cematory for a summer as a secretary (don't ask) and heard nothing of the sort (and I did all the paperwork that would've handled that.

Make sure they are safe and still in the baggie inside the urn. PM me if you have more Qs, I can text one of my funeral director friends and ask.

ETA god thats creepy. I worked at a funeral home/have friends that are funeral directors. I swear, its not that weird!!!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    She's securely placed in her urn. Her urn is a wooden box that has 4 screws in the bottom to secure the top to it with a porcelain angel sitting on top. I think it's one of those illogical fears that something will happen
    Guy meets girl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast