Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCSing with school enroute ?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question PCSing with school enroute ?

Advertisements
    My DH got his orders today for our PCS. We is set to detach our current duty station and go to school in Virginia for 21 days. Then he has to report to his new duty station 39 days later. Will they fly him back home after he's done with school? or will they fly him to the new duty station?
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  2. Senior Member
    Is he expected to out process from his current duty station? Because if so than I think (not sure) they will just fly him to his new duty station. I remember that happened with my dad between duty stations and the rest of my family and I had to fly to where he was to meet up and than fly together to the new base.
  3. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!

Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.

KennyB = Greatness!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Is he expected to out process from his current duty station? Because if so than I think (not sure) they will just fly him to his new duty station. I remember that happened with my dad between duty stations and the rest of my family and I had to fly to where he was to meet up and than fly together to the new base.
    He checks off his ship here in San Diego, then flies to Virginia for school. He finishes school mid-May. He doesn't report to his new duty station in Washington until the end of June.

I'm just hoping that they will send him back here as our oldest son graduates in June and we have family coming from out of town. We also have 2 vehicles that need to be driven north and 7 kids that need to get there as well. We also will just be finishing my daughters murder trial as long as it doesn't get postponed again. I don't know how I'm going to do the trial, graduation, family, pack out and traveling if he's in Washington. I will be buying a plane ticket if that happens.
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know when we went to SD from Norfolk, DH had a school in p'cola. They would only fly him to SD. If we wanted him to go back to VA, we had to pay for it. But he was also back tracking across the country. It might work out that you guys are staying on the same coast. my fingers are crossed for you guys!!!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste9 View Post
    He checks off his ship here in San Diego, then flies to Virginia for school. He finishes school mid-May. He doesn't report to his new duty station in Washington until the end of June.

I'm just hoping that they will send him back here as our oldest son graduates in June and we have family coming from out of town. We also have 2 vehicles that need to be driven north and 7 kids that need to get there as well. We also will just be finishing my daughters murder trial as long as it doesn't get postponed again. I don't know how I'm going to do the trial, graduation, family, pack out and traveling if he's in Washington. I will be buying a plane ticket if that happens.
    I really hope they will fly him back there. But I think to go back you will have to pay for that yourselves. Maybe he can go to whomever (not sure how it works for the navy) and explain what is going on maybe they will work with him.
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    G had a school before he checked in here in SD. He detached from his ship, took some leave to spend time with us (was on deployment at the time of detachment), then flew to school. They were initially only going to pay to fly him to SD from Great Lakes. We had to cough up the money to pay for a ticket from GL to TX and then drive to SD.

We were reimbursed for the plane ticket when we got our travel money though. (Crap got screwed up and he couldn't file for the rest of our money till he checked in here)

Good luck!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need