Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: We got a moving date!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We got a moving date!

Advertisements
    We got the date the movers are going to come and pack up our stuff!!! but how long should this process take, we dont have a ton of stuff, 2 bedrooms, livingroom and table and kitchen stuff... is it usually an all day occurance? Im asking because its the day after St. Pattys day lol and Im pretty sure I will be hungover

TIA
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    It will take ALL day! TMO should of quoted you how many days it will take but sounds like only 1 days worth of stuff. Remember that they will pack pretty much everything. They will even pack the toilet brush if it's out. Yuck!!!! So if you don't want them to pack important stuff by accident take it out of the house. Maybe put it in your rental car. And don't rely on just putting a "no pack" sign on stuff. I work at a family housing office and have heard just about every crazy story about pcsing.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It only took a couple hours for our stuff to get packed but we had pretty much nothing. No furniture, only small stuff.
  4. Junior Member
    We just had the movers take our stuff and it seems we had around the same amount as you guys. They were here from 7.30am to 3.30pm - so it took a long time!! Now we are sitting in an apartment with nothing in it!!! I feel like I'm squatting! lol
  5. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    It will take ALL day (sometimes 2) and you need to supervise them closely. You'll wind up with broken stuff, it is inevitable. Don't trust them alone with valuables, most are trustworthy, but there is always one or two that aren't.

I suggest arranging all your breakables and pictures together, perhaps with your kitchen breakables, to be packed together. Also, creat a list of all your electronics with serial numbers. Ensure your electronics are unplugged and the cords are wound up together. I recommend zip ties.

Don't forget, how you have it is how they'll pack it. You may not be able to find anything at first when you need it unless it's clearly sorted and labeled on this side.

PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenabugg View Post
    We got the date the movers are going to come and pack up our stuff!!! but how long should this process take, we dont have a ton of stuff, 2 bedrooms, livingroom and table and kitchen stuff... is it usually an all day occurance? Im asking because its the day after St. Pattys day lol and Im pretty sure I will be hungover

TIA
    HA!! If you live in savannah you are SURE to be hungover... enjoy downtown!!!
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me