Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Living together during Advanced training?

1. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.

Living together during Advanced training?

Advertisements
    DB will supposedly be at camp lejeune for advanced. He's currently at USMC basic.
    Since i'm still very new to all of this and DB didn't have all the information I would of liked before he left so I have many questions to ask.
    First, will I be able to live with him if we're not married?
    If so, how can I go about it and are there certain qualifications? Or do we have to be married? Or am I not allowed to at all?

Thank you all for your help<3
    -Brittni

Together since December 15th, 2003. Married since August 8th, 2009
    Banned
    he has to live on base during his training! he can live off base with you once he gets stationed regardless of marriage or not.
  3. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.
    So whether we're married or not, I can not live on base with him during Advanced?
    No exceptions?
    -Brittni

Together since December 15th, 2003. Married since August 8th, 2009
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannys Love<3 View Post
    So whether we're married or not, I can not live on base with him during Advanced?
    No exceptions?
    IDK about for marines but for air force if i planned on living with my hubby we needed to wait til he was there for a certain amount of time, and yes, we needed to be married.

so you can hopefully get some more specific answers
  5. I'm his crazy munchkin and he's my bug a boo :)
    I'm his crazy munchkin and he's my bug a boo :)
    Blog Entries
    well for army, unless your married, y'all cant live together during ait(advanced training) they have to live on post. & even once he gets stationed somewhere, he's not supposed to live off post. like if i had moved up here before we got married & he moved in with me, & one of his commanders found out, he'd be in big trouble! lower enlisted have to live on post unless married. @ least here & from what i've heard from other friends. so if the marines are different & once he gets stationed somewhere y'all can live together thats great!! but you wont be able to live on base unless your married & he cant be off.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousmunchkin View Post
    well for army, unless your married, y'all cant live together during ait(advanced training) they have to live on post. & even once he gets stationed somewhere, he's not supposed to live off post. like if i had moved up here before we got married & he moved in with me, & one of his commanders found out, he'd be in big trouble! lower enlisted have to live on post unless married. @ least here & from what i've heard from other friends. so if the marines are different & once he gets stationed somewhere y'all can live together thats great!! but you wont be able to live on base unless your married & he cant be off.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannys Love<3 View Post
    No exceptions?
    Its training and not an accompanied training time, he isn't stationed there so i don't believe they will give him housing (other then the barracks for him)

Honestly you can live wherever you want... if you want to find a place off base to live and then have him come visit you every now and then, the military cant do anything about it (unless he isn't allowed off base)...

But you have to be married to even consider living on base (again i don't think thats an option for this training) and I believe lower ranks have a hard time getting permission to live off base
  8. Senior Member
    the only way D was going to be allowed to live with us and live in housing is if his AIT was longer then 5months...other then that he has to stay there on base..and not all MOS allow it. but you would have to be a dependent...Thats how the army was with DH
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me