Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dumb question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

dumb question

Advertisements
    This may be a dumb question, but I'm still new to this stuff We are going to be following DH to all of his schools, even when he's not aloud to live with us. Who do I notify when we move to change our BAH? Thanks!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm guessing he needs to notify his finance center.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You don't get to change your BAH. His BAH rate will be dependent on where he is stationed no matter where he is (or you go).
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick's Wife View Post
    You don't get to change your BAH. His BAH rate will be dependent on where he is stationed no matter where he is (or you go).
  5. Senior Member
    I guess I'm a little confused. Is he not authorized to live with you because he will be base-restricted, or is it that the school isn't long enough, so they don't allow spouses to relocate? If it's the latter, I don't think your BAH will change. Gunsgirl is a pretty good authority on this stuff, so hopefully she will weigh in. I'm pretty sure if you call PSD or whoever your finance is run through, they should be able to tell you.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petsparkle View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused. Is he not authorized to live with you because he will be base-restricted, or is it that the school isn't long enough, so they don't allow spouses to relocate? If it's the latter, I don't think your BAH will change. Gunsgirl is a pretty good authority on this stuff, so hopefully she will weigh in. I'm pretty sure if you call PSD or whoever your finance is run through, they should be able to tell you.
    This is right. It sounds as if she is saying her husband has a tdy for schooling and the family is opting to go down there with him. Well unless the school is so long it is not an accompanied thing and the military will not pay for them to live at that BAH. It will continue to be to the base/post he is assigned to.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He has 8-10 weeks of school where he is not permitted to live off base. I have family near there so we are going to stay with them. Our stuff is going to stay in storage while we're there. After the 8-10 weeks we will be stationed about 45 mins from there for 42 weeks of EOD school, which is when he will be able to live with us. We will then be moving into our own place then. There's a huge difference in the BAH from where we are now to where we will be. DH told me that BAH depends on where DS and I are, but he may have been confused. Thanks for the help...this can be confusing!
  8. Senior Member
    Okay, so you won't get a BAH change for the first school because you're not authorized to move during that school. It's a short TAD. Then, when he is reassigned to the second school, he will check in with PSD there and modify his BAH. You won't get higher BAH until he checks into the second school.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntsarnas View Post
    He has 8-10 weeks of school where he is not permitted to live off base. I have family near there so we are going to stay with them. Our stuff is going to stay in storage while we're there. After the 8-10 weeks we will be stationed about 45 mins from there for 42 weeks of EOD school, which is when he will be able to live with us. We will then be moving into our own place then. There's a huge difference in the BAH from where we are now to where we will be. DH told me that BAH depends on where DS and I are, but he may have been confused. Thanks for the help...this can be confusing!
    Yea... BAH will depend on where he is stationed, regardless of schools unless he gets stationed there... doesn't really matter where you and your DS live... just like if he was to deploy and you decided to move "home"... the BAH would be for where he is stationed... make sense?
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OK, I get it now! Thank you so much. DH must have been misinformed...but he is a man and is not know for his great listening skills lol!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast