Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving as a family.....

1. Senior Member

Question Moving as a family.....

Advertisements
    DH is worried that he will have to go ahead of us to Hawaii. He says because of inprocessing and all that taking a week that he doesnt think they will allow us to go when he goes...

Does anyone know anything about this? What reasons could make it soo we dont leave when he does? I know we are on his orders to go..but can they make us go at different times...and why?

Im starting to worry... i mean i know i CAN make the long trip with DD alone, but id rather not...if you know what i mean.

Im just sooo worried
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have never heard that. Most families that I know that stay behind is by choice, mostly because of the wait times for housing.
  3. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    I'm actually going through somewhat of the same thing. DH is going ahead first because he has to travel with his whole sub. I'll be meeting up with him in hawaii. When are you going?
    I Love my boys
  4. Mrs.Fanntastic
    Mrs.Fanntastic
    If your in his orders there is no way they can do that that i see and if you wanna get techniqual u actually could move when you want to its his orders!
    ~MommaJ~

5. Senior Member
    We are scheduled to be there in May...He thinks because he has to in process he doesn't think they will send us. If he has a family does he have to stay in the barracks while in processing? I mean he can stay at the INN with us right?

If we are on his orders we should fly at the same time as long as WE want to right?
  6. we survived infertility
    we survived infertility
    When we were doing paperwork to move to Germany they asked us straight up if I was going, and we told them yes, with 2 cats, who we want IN the cabin, not cargo.
    Last edited by Gigibear; 02-25-2009 at 12:55 PM.
  7. Loving My Life As A Mom And Wife
    Loving My Life As A Mom And Wife
    Blog Entries
    You should be able to come with him. Him in processing doesn't really have anything to do with you being here. We are a different branch and all but that's how it worked for us. We all came at the same time and he woke up and went and checked in each day until he was done.
    Since my Gastric Bypass Surgery June 1 2009

Day of Surgery

8. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    You should be able to go with him, no matter what duty station people go to soldiers always inprocessing that doesnt stop the spouse and kids from coming with them. Im gonna PM you back and give you more info, but as you know where leaving to go to Hawaii to with hubby next week and he will improcess and we are still going. Your dh will stay in lodging with you.
  9. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Highfill View Post
    You should be able to come with him. Him in processing doesn't really have anything to do with you being here. We are a different branch and all but that's how it worked for us. We all came at the same time and he woke up and went and checked in each day until he was done.

He just stays in the inn with you and you guys stay behind while he in processes you. there are some things you as a spouse can handle, like Tricare, but for the most part he does it.

Sometimes the family has deferred travel due to housing wait times or because a unit is deploying so the family waits until the soldier returns to join him or her.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  10. Senior Member
    Ohhh ladies thank you thank you!! this really makes me happy, I am going hell or high water...i spoe with the lady at the housing office last week and we should have housing ready by the time we get there... if not soon after. She says we can stay at the inn up to 60days...but because we called soo early we shouldnt need to be there that long at all.

I was just soo worried he was gunna have to go without us.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast