Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: fort drum orders

1. Our Son Is Here
    Our Son Is Here

fort drum orders

Advertisements
    hey ladies i need help

we have orders to report to ft drum sometime in july (opsec not going into detail) and i have no clue where to look for a place up there i dont no the area at all if you have any info that would be a MAJOR help. thanks
    LOVING MY SON AND SOLDIER

Anthony Lee April 19th 6.95 lbs 21 inches long born at 11:15 am
  2. Member
    Hey my hubby and I are stationed at fort drum. I can tell you the waiting list is about 3-5 months long. The local newspaper has listings for like houses and apartments for rent in the surrounding area. They have a web site www.watertowndailytimes.com and you can also try the fort drum web site www.drum.army.mil go under newcomers and select housing they have a couple links that list available places to rent in the area. My name is kim I am not currently at drum cause my hubby is deployed but I will be back in the area first of next year. Good Luck
    Emily Rose
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

my bro is at drum. hope you like snow & lots of it!
  4. Our Son Is Here
    Our Son Is Here

i grew up in north jersey and i have family in syracuse i no it snows like hell there which im not liking at all lol. 3-5 months on the waiting list holy shit lol im having him call tomorrow and take care of it then so we have a place up there come july

5. Senior Member
    We have a house in Carthage.. Watertown is close to base as well. I have heard there is quite a wait for on base housing so you might wanna look off base. I am not too good with the area. I am in baltimore and just travel up now that he is deployed.
  6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soldierslove718 View Post
    i grew up in north jersey and i have family in syracuse i no it snows like hell there which im not liking at all lol. 3-5 months on the waiting list holy shit lol im having him call tomorrow and take care of it then so we have a place up there come july
    They have some decent places off base there is an apartment complex right outside the north gate of the base I think it is called Woodcliff
    Emily Rose
  7. Our Son Is Here
    Our Son Is Here

my big worries are housing, finding a job and day care rite now i am 7 months pregnant our son wil be 3 months old come time to pcs so like every mother i wanna make sure he's taken care of

8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

It will be ok

I have been stationed here at Fort Drum for 13 years. It is not bad at all. Snow yes there is snow. But you are asking about housing. The housing on post sucks. Everyone around FT. Drum is money hungry. However, there are a few good places that are great for a home. You have to do your research. DO NOT jump into the first place that you think looks ok even when you think you are running out of time. Like the very first person that replied. Use those sites, and ask a lot of questions.

Oh, day care on post is great and they are building new SAS buildings.
    Last edited by mrmcharpia; 02-22-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: day care info added
  9. Member
    I know Fort Drum has a daycare program. I dont know exactly how it works but I know they have a daycare program on post. You could probably go on the Drum website and get some information. As far as the job market they have an employment program in clark hall at drum they offer like list of avalible jobs on and off post. Good luck
    Emily Rose
  10. Senior Member
    I am from Drum born and raised...if you have any questions please feel free to PM me!!
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me