Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I could really use your help if you....

1. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

Help I could really use your help if you....

Advertisements
    know anything about military passports. Anyone know how long they take to get????

I was told months ago that in order to move to Korea with DH that all i would need is a regular passport, but now that all the paperwork is in order and ready to go and they're telling me that one is useless and I need a military passport.

So does anyone know how long it takes to get one?

Cause depending on how long it takes will decide whether or not DH will have me go over there

Banned
    No idea but I hope it doesn't take long and you get to get your butt over there
  3. Banned
    Banned
    No, sorry....
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.

5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

From what I know it only takes a couple of weeks to get, however that one is useless unless you are flying on military flights. All you need is your regular tourist one (with your orders). Who ever told you that the tourist passport is useless, ask to speek to their supervisor. hope you can get it sorted out

6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    Your "SOFA" (yes that is the name) stamp is basically your VISA, it is a stamp and you can get it stamped into your tourist passport by the legal office when you get there, it must be done within 30 days of arriving and all you do is take your ID, passport and orders with your name on them to the legal office and you'll be fine.

That woman gave you BS info. Our EFMP lady told us out right not to ask her any questions about not to do with EFMP cause she doesn't know.

SOFA + Status of Forces Agreement http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ility/sofa.htm
    Thanks hun

7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by A*Singing*Wife View Post
    The woman at the EFMP office at Ft.Drum told me that I need one in order to reside there. I need a military passport with what sounded like to me when she pronounced it a "sofa stamp" I'm sure that's not its name but it sounded like that
    Your "SOFA" (yes that is the name) stamp is basically your VISA, it is a stamp and you can get it stamped into your tourist passport by the legal office when you get there, it must be done within 30 days of arriving and all you do is take your ID, passport and orders with your name on them to the legal office and you'll be fine.

That woman gave you BS info. Our EFMP lady told us out right not to ask her any questions about not to do with EFMP cause she doesn't know.

SOFA = Status of Forces Agreement http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ility/sofa.htm

8. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    So only a few weeks? Cause the EFMP lady also told me it would take up to month or two

9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by A*Singing*Wife View Post
    So only a few weeks? Cause the EFMP lady also told me it would take up to month or two
    Honestly, just go on your regular passport and get the stamp when you are over there. That's what ODS and I did when we got to Japan and we didn't have any problems.

10. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    Honestly, just go on your regular passport and get the stamp when you are over there. That's what ODS and I did when we got to Japan and we didn't have any problems.
    Thanks so much. Cause if it's gonna take weeks and weeks to get a new passport DH says he'd rather not go through with it all cause he can't hand in the paperwork for command sponsorship until after all the paperwork is in order. So thanks for giving me a little bit of hope!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast