Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCS Advance Pay (Navy)

1. PurpleReign
    PurpleReign

PCS Advance Pay (Navy)

Advertisements
    Okay, so when you are PCSing and request an advance pay, what exactly can this money be used for? How much can you request? How soon can you get it, and what are the chances for getting approved?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    ok-- first there are 3 types of advance pay-

advance Base pay- max of 3 months base pay with a pay back of 12 monthly installments.

advance BAH- max 3 months BAH based on current BAH rate paid back in 12 monthly installments

Advance travel allowances: this is advance DLA, per diem and MALT-
    this advnace of DLA is at least 1844 and is earmarked for MOVING INTO a new place, pet fees, deposits, buying groceries ect, this does not hsve ot be accounted for nor does it get paid back it is not a loan but think of it as free money
    per diem you gat get advanced at 80% of the total amount allowed for your PCS
    MAlt also can be paid at 80% of the authorised miles for this PCS- per diem and Malt are paid at the same time ( basically considered one allowance called MALY PLUS)

you can also get advance TLE- but I never recommend it since it is a use it or lose it allowance ( and so is per diem hence why I suggest taking only 80% in advance)

how you get any of them is by applying for them with the finance office- doing a travel worksheet and submitting the request.

as long as you do not have any other out standing advances or loans thru the military or relief society and the payback does not equal more than 25-30% of the totla pay they will grant the advance BASE PAY and ADVANCE BAH- the travel allowances are almost a given if you request them in time.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Also remember you will get DLA, Dislocation Allowance, which I believe has to be requested and is not a repayable allowance. It is to help with the costs of having to set up a new home. I recommend taking as little advance pay as possible, because you will be paying it back in monthly installments, which means his base pay will be reduced until the advance is paid off.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know when we moved last summer. The move money was more than enough without having to take any advances that you have to pay back.
  5. PurpleReign
    PurpleReign

Jump for Joy

Wow! Thank you for all of the great information. I guess it's time to start getting ready for our move later on this year.
  6. Senior Member
    we just PCS-ed and got $3000 in advance pay, just for the DLA, the mileage, and the TLE... and we are now waiting on our partial ditty and our damaged goods $$$.
  7. Senior Member

Yeah, I was going to say every time we PCSed we got enough money form the government and then some without requesting advanced pay. We got nearly $4k up front moving to Korea then we got about $1900 a year later we didn't know was owed to us. I was shocked when we got that pay deposit and dh said oh they owed us TLE I think it was... I don't remember now.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carney View Post
    I believe the DLA is available only when you are not active! Though not sure, .
    you are incorrect- DLA is for anyone who PCS over 50 miles from thier duty station.

and I do not believe in applying for loans with an interest rate for PCSes-
    it is no longer necessary in most cases.

you do know that we can get INTEREST FREE loans for PCSes from our individual branches?????
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Not everyone who PCS's gets DLA. If you are married and not moving a family, you do not get DLA. DH moved from VA to NH (we stayed in VA) and he didn't really get any travel other than per diem. When he got orders to go from NH back to VA, he only got per diem again. We never got DLA at any point because the family was not moving even though he was moving.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by knockouttrish View Post
    Not everyone who PCS's gets DLA. If you are married and not moving a family, you do not get DLA. DH moved from VA to NH (we stayed in VA) and he didn't really get any travel other than per diem. When he got orders to go from NH back to VA, he only got per diem again. We never got DLA at any point because the family was not moving even though he was moving.
    he could have gotten single DLA if he was moving onto the economy-
    if he moved to barrakcs or onto a ship no DLA- and he would not be entitled to DLA for moving back into his own home.

he should have gotten Per diem, MALT and Partial PPM reimbursement if he moved stuff in his car.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast