Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about moving

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Help Question about moving

Advertisements
    Ok- if you haven't already heard, this is my first move with DH, so i'm clueless and he's deployed, so i'm SOL. I'm moving to Lejeune to join him while he finishes the rest of his active duty. He then goes on to do 3 years of reserve and we are chosing to move back to our hometown for that.

My question is will we get orders to move to a reserve station when he's done with active duty? One of the apartments we're looking at in Jacksonville charges an extra 200 a month if you don't sign a 12 month lease, but they'll release you from the lease if you have orders. Don't they ask where you want to move after active duty and give you orders to report to your reserve station? Cuz if not, that apartment is WAY out of our price range.

Thanks for the help.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    is he going to be a weekend warrior or will he be full time activated reserves- I will need to know this to tell you how it will work.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    is he going to be a weekend warrior or will he be full time activated reserves- I will need to know this to tell you how it will work.
    I believe he will just be weekends. His contract is the National Call to Service if that helps you any. He did all of his training, then 15 months active, and then the remainder of his 5 years is reserves.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I will need to check the JFTR- I think this may qualify for a PCS move- BRB!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    first due to the size of your siggys I cannot see your whole post-

so I will post what I can;

you cannot get a GOV paid move until PCS or separation orders are in writing- they will also not reimburse if you move before orders are written-

since I cannot read the entire post I do not know what your trying to say with the apt rentals

in the JFTR you can get PCS entitlements if ORDERED to a reserve post- otherwise it will be to your HOR or the equal distance to the HOR.
  7. Mrs.Fanntastic
    Mrs.Fanntastic
    If they are military claus then the lease will be waivered with the orders proof!
    ~MommaJ~