Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Per Diem for PCS

1. Junior Member

Per Diem for PCS

Advertisements
    I'm reading different things .. is the per diem rate a flat rate, or do you just get reiumbursed for what you have spent? Me and my husband are PCSing 1130 miles next month and have been allocated 4 travel days. Do we receive $109 x 4 for him and $81.75 x 4 for me or do we just keep all receipts etc and get reiumbursed for what we spent on hotels and food? I'm trying to plan out what hotels/motels to stay at and if we get to keep anything that is left over, I'm looking for the cheap ones! lol. Thanks x
  2. Banned
    Banned
    it is a flat rate per day- 109 per day for him and 81.75 for you and you will also get a flat rate of 24 cents a mile for each authorised mile.
    if you want I can cut and paste the regs for you.
    and don't forget about the DLA!
  3. Junior Member
    Yey!! Thank you
  4. Banned
    Banned
    yw!!!
  5. Senior Member
    Yep. What gunsgirl said.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    I'm reading different things .. is the per diem rate a flat rate, or do you just get reiumbursed for what you have spent? Me and my husband are PCSing 1130 miles next month and have been allocated 4 travel days. Do we receive $109 x 4 for him and $81.75 x 4 for me or do we just keep all receipts etc and get reiumbursed for what we spent on hotels and food? I'm trying to plan out what hotels/motels to stay at and if we get to keep anything that is left over, I'm looking for the cheap ones! lol. Thanks x
    I tried to plan out hotels, or at least areas to stay in and it didn't work. The first day we hit a bad storm and had to stop early, another day we ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere, etc. But when we decided to stop I'd look at the billboards for the cheapest in the area.