Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 10 days of TLE

1. Junior Member

10 days of TLE

Advertisements
    Do you stil get them when you arrive at a new base if you already have a base house available to you? Or will my husband have to start work straight away without anytime to move in etc?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    ok you are thinking of 2 different things;

TLE- yes you can even use it if you have a unit or house- like if you get there friday night and you cannot get the keys until monday- type thing.

Househunting leave- no they generally do not give it if you have already arranged housing. but this is completely up to each command and all you can do is have your DH apply for it and see if it will be granted.
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    ok you are thinking of 2 different things;

TLE- yes you can even use it if you have a unit or house- like if you get there friday night and you cannot get the keys until monday- type thing.

Househunting leave- no they generally do not give it if you have already arranged housing. but this is completely up to each command and all you can do is have your DH apply for it and see if it will be granted.

Unpacking is generally left to the non-military spouse, but if you have a good command they will allow the service member to take leave to help if they haven't taken leave as part of the move process already.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  4. Senior Member
    When is his "report no later than" date? If there is time between when you get there and that date, you should be fine. TLE is only paid until you can get the keys for base housing (i.e. when their office is next open). So you can't stay in a hotel for 10 days if you could pick up the keys tomorrow. Neither would you be paid 10 days of TLE if you're actually residing in a base housing unit.

As GunsGirl said, House hunting leave is entirely up to the command. In 12 years we've never had house hunting leave.