Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kinda new and Totally confused!!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Bang Head Kinda new and Totally confused!!!

Advertisements
    Okay...so I'm new to PCSing and all that great stuff.... Kinda use to the military though.
    Question!!! My husband is graduating AIT tomorrow at Fort Gordon, and he has to be at Fort Stewart by the 8th He just got his orders and they completely screwed us. After we got our part taken care of with DEERS, Finance, ops everything, me n our daughter (who is 2 1/2 ) are still not on his orders and NO BAH....So he is going to try and get a TDY when we go up to Stewart Sunday which is his PCS date why on a sunday? How exactly does a TDY work? Does anyone know how long the wait list for stewart is to on post housing, or have any advice for us? Please it will be very appreciated...Thanks!!!
  2. Senior Member
    TDY is temp duty station. That is when they *the active duty member* goes to another location for work. Are you thinking of him trying to get leave to come get you? I am confused what you are asking with that.

And now, were you married before he joined the military? If not were you married before he started AIT? If not, than chances are you and your daughter are not on his orders because when they processed them, he was single with no dependents. He will need to get them amended in order for the military to acknowledge you living there with him.

When did you get registered in DEERS? BAH is not immediate. It can take a couple weeks to where I have heard a couple months for it to show on LESs.
  3. Senior Member
    My husband and I have been married since Nov and still havent received BAH yet, and we are here at Stewart as well.. It is about a 3-5 month wait from what I've heard. We live off post though.. I wouldn't want to live on post just because of all the drama that happens and crimes as well.. (Such as houses/cars getting broken into)
    Good luck! PM me if you need anything!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinsWifey1118 View Post
    My husband and I have been married since Nov and still havent received BAH yet, and we are here at Stewart as well.. It is about a 3-5 month wait from what I've heard. We live off post though.. I wouldn't want to live on post just because of all the drama that happens and crimes as well.. (Such as houses/cars getting broken into)
    Good luck! PM me if you need anything!
    This will sound snarky, but how is living off base any better? I mean there is usually more crime off base than on.

Not faulting you for your choice, just that is opposite of what I hear people say normally *including myself*

Or is Stewart just really a bad post?
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    No we got married a month before he graduated AIT his orders are getting ammended before we leave to go to stewart, so we will be on them how long that will take I have no idea. As soon as we got married we went to finance and deers. This is what gets me we are on his deers and have TRICARE but that is all. From what his SGT's are saying the civilians at finance are screwing up
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    This will sound snarky, but how is living off base any better? I mean there is usually more crime off base than on.

Not faulting you for your choice, just that is opposite of what I hear people say normally *including myself*

Or is Stewart just really a bad post?
    stewart isnt such a bad base, but being that my husband is an MP and i talk to all of his friends, i hear alot about the on post housing. there have been neighbors threatening my husband's friends family about stupid stuff.. such as if your kid accidentallly leaves a toy in their front yard or something or if yall are playing catch and theb all goes in their backyard, they willl throw a MASSIVE fit.. there have been fights, drunk people banging on other people's doors.. it's pretty intense.. alot of people have died within like 4-5 months of me being here.. 2 of which were murdered.. so it's pretty crazy so i just wouldnt live on post.. and hinesville which is right outside of fort stewart is really small, but i haven't heard a crime that has happened here yet... there are a few neighborhoods and apt complexes that do have people breaking in but not as bad as on post.