Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsor?

1. Junior Member

Sponsor?

Advertisements
    Ok, so we are a little mad at the fact that we are pcsing in a month and still havent received a sponser. My husband got orders to Barksdale in October. He stated that he wanted a sponsor when he accepted them. 4 weeks later we hadn't heard anything so when we were at the moving meeting (or what ever its called), we told the lady that he hadn't got a sponsor yet. She said she would look into it. That was the last time we heard from her. So at the end of December my husband called the squadron that he was PSCing into at Barksdale and told them that he wanted a sponsor. The woman told him "O, we didn't even know you were coming - we'll get you one as soon as we receive the paperwork". Ok, fair enough. Well, now it is less than 1 month to go and we still haven't received anything. My husband is at tech school and his instructor gave him the number of someone who is working where he will be - he calls and she says they still don't know that he's coming. The most annoying this about this is that a guy that he is in tech school with had his orders changed 2 weeks ago to Barksdale too. In the same squadron and everything. He called them the day after he received his amended orders and guess what? They know all about him and they've assigned him a sponsor!!! WTF?! What should we do? We don't understand why my husband is unkown, yet a guy who got his orders 2 weeks ago has everything set up for him! O - and I cant spell sponsor in the title!!!
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Are you asking how to go about getting an Air Force Sponsor? I would suggest having your DH fax a copy of his orders to the new unit and then asking for a sponsor.

I'm army, so I'm not sure how Air Force sponsorship works. I know in the Army, sometimes you get one, sometimes you don't. We always prepare to do every thing alone, just in case.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    Are you asking how to go about getting an Air Force Sponsor? I would suggest having your DH fax a copy of his orders to the new unit and then asking for a sponsor.

I'm army, so I'm not sure how Air Force sponsorship works. I know in the Army, sometimes you get one, sometimes you don't. We always prepare to do every thing alone, just in case.
    Yeah, we've haven't ever gotten a sponsor.... and we asked for one.
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

we asked for a sponsor when we moved here and we didn't get one, you really have to get on top of his new unit about it.

5. Senior Member
    Yep, you don't always get a sponsor even if you ask for one. Some sqds are really prepared for them and some just don't care.
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Honestly, sponsors are overrated. It's better to get the info yourself... go to www.afcrossroads.com and look up Barksdale. You can also go to http://www.ci.shreveport.la.us/ or http://www.barksdale.af.mil/library/ for a lot of useful information.

PM me if you need additional help...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. Senior Member
    Our last sponsor sucked!
  8. Epic
    Epic

The Airman and Family Rediness Centre is in charge of the sponsor programme, I would contact them about it.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We had the same problem when we came to Barksdale last March..what is your husbands Job?
  10. Senior Member
    We've never had a sponsor. I dont even know what they are suppose to do lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast