Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Can't They Be Happy for Me?

1. Senior Member

Why Can't They Be Happy for Me?

Advertisements
    We got our orders today, so from MD we are moving to GA. My mom is distraught. How do I help her? It hurts me to see her hurt but I dont know what to do?
    Last edited by KDJM; 01-31-2009 at 08:32 PM.
  2. Senior Member
  3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Just remind her how close you guys really are. You won't be across the country or in the middle of nowhere. Change is always hard.
  4. DELETED.
    DELETED.
    HUGS
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My mother thought the world was coming to an end when I told her that DH and I were PCSing. You'd think I had died or something.
    My mother has a habit of making everything about her, and when I needed her the most, she couldn't be there for me. I was having a hard time with moving away, but all she cared about was how it affected her. So, on top of me already being upset about moving, I felt even worse about making my mom sad. It would have been nice if she had at least pretended to be ok with it.

The only advice I can give you is just to sit down and explain to her that you have to go with your husband. He is your husband. You love her, and you want her to be happy, but you married a man in the military, and unfortunately, that means moving sometimes.
  6. Senior Member
    that is a great perspective!
  7. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    SHe will only be a 12 hour drive away. That's not too bad. Doable in a day, even by one person.
  8. Senior Member
    not to long ago i got in an argument with my daughters father because i was telling him about the move. i asked him not to comment on what i am telling him becaue i really couldnt handle it. i am in a really fragile state right now. do you know he turned around and told me that i dont care about anyone else's feelings anyway?!?! he told me that i was incredibly selfish for moving...really im selfish for wanting my family to be together. im selfish for wanting to be with my husband! GTFOH!
  9. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Being a military spouse is especially difficult when dealing with a family that doesn't accept change well. It's always hard on family when you move away but I don't see how doing what is in the best interest of your family is selfish? I'm afraid you'll find that your family won't be very understanding of many of the choices you'll have to make as a military spouse. It's going to be hard, but you can do it.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  10. One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    One thing I've learned about life: It goes on.
    Georgia's not so bad, it's where I'm from. It's only a day car trip away just remind your mom of that. She's gotta understand that you have to do this, it's not like he can say "no thanks I don't think I want to go to Georgia." Good luck hun!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast