Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Payment

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question Military Payment

Advertisements
    Ok, so the army paid for us to move to our first duty station in missouri. Well of course when he went to Iraq I had only been up there for 8 months, and hadn't made many friends, or found a "groove" so I moved back home to be with friends and family to have a support group. Well he is coming back after a year and half deployment sometime late this year, I plan on getting all our stuff back up there so we can be together again, but my question is will the army pay for this, or since I was the one that initiated the move down here, I will have to pay to go back? I think I have an idea of what the answer probably is lol, but just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, because the cost of our move back will probably be about 2k, and eek just don't feel like dishing that out, again ha ha.

2. Senior Member
    Pretty sure since you choose to leave his duty station if that will be his duty station after the deployment than yes, you will have to pay to move it back. I do not know for sure though. As I understand it, the military will only move you on orders.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Pretty sure since you choose to leave his duty station if that will be his duty station after the deployment than yes, you will have to pay to move it back. I do not know for sure though. As I understand it, the military will only move you on orders.
    I guess I just figured since he got "orders" for him to go to Iraq that it counted....

4. Senior Member
    But those are different. It is a deployment and not a PCS. And you are not on those orders.

For example when he gets orders to PCS to a new base you will be on them and the military is responsible for moving your family to the new location. When he gets orders for deployment, that can be very long term, but when he comes home it will be to the same base. He is not moving just "traveling" for work. Same as a TDY.

The only time they will move a family separate than the military member is if that military member has orders for a remote PSC (ie Korea and the like). But the actual duty station commend they are under changes.

At least this is how it works from my past experience via the air force.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    But those are different. It is a deployment and not a PCS. And you are not on those orders.

For example when he gets orders to PCS to a new base you will be on them and the military is responsible for moving your family to the new location. When he gets orders for deployment, that can be very long term, but when he comes home it will be to the same base. He is not moving just "traveling" for work. Same as a TDY.

The only time they will move a family separate than the military member is if that military member has orders for a remote PSC (ie Korea and the like). But the actual duty station commend they are under changes.

At least this is how it works from my past experience via the air force.
    sigh, ok thank you! I figured as much, but i just figured wishful thinking and all might make something different

6. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Yeah - they will pay for an official PCS but they will not pay when you move out of choice.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah, sorry Dawn you gotta do it yourself.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    did they pay for you to get back home? if not then it will be out of pocket.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    sadly the ladies are right, your on your own with this one!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnzie View Post
    sigh, ok thank you! I figured as much, but i just figured wishful thinking and all might make something different
    Hahaha, yeah that would be great wouldn't it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast