Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: help please!!!

1. Senior Member

help please!!!

Advertisements
    where do start? ugh. well, my husband just told me that we will more than likely be moving to ft carson in the summer but he wont get his orders until he gets off block leave. and he also told me that they won't let him stay in the barracks for more than 30 days as a geopgraphical bachelor. had i known this earlier, i wouldnt have renewed my lease for 6 months and i would have moved down to ft hood.

anyways, he is telling me to try to find on post housing in hood or find an apartment down there. im wondering, would it still be possible to try to get on post housing down there or even get an apartment at short notice and when we will be moving again in like july? i am still new at this, so i dont know how everything works. im soo lost. any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    With housing, you have to have at least 6 month or more left at that duty station to take it. It is possible to get a civi place. But if it were me, I would just stay where I was till it was time to go to Carson and just use the military clause and his orders to break that lease.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    With housing, you have to have at least 6 month or more left at that duty station to take it. It is possible to get a civi place. But if it were me, I would just stay where I was till it was time to go to Carson and just use the military clause and his orders to break that lease.
    thats was the plan since last year when he deployed. but DH said since he wont be able to stay at the barracks anymore, we have to find a place down in ft hood. i live like 2 hrs from there
  4. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Then the only other option is to have him rent a room down there or see if your landlord is willing to work with you on needing to move there.

You should be able to get a month to month lease without too many problems down there.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.