Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I'm new and totally lost!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

I'm new and totally lost!

Advertisements
    Hello, so I was just browsing through the internet and found this amazingly helpful sight! Finally, some people who can properly understand what I am going through.
    Here's my story:
    My Fiance is currently and E-3/ Infantrymen in Active Duty Army. After graduating Basic Training his first Duty Station is going to be somewhere in Germany (base unknown) We are going to get married during his leave after basic training so I can move with him to Germany. I have heard, however, that spouses are not allowed to travel to overseas bases if soldiers are not NCOs. Please tell me this is not true!

Thank you, hope to be hearing more and more.
  2. Am
    Don't know the answer to your question but .
  3. was with your mom last night.
    was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    hi there, ! i'm sorry i can't answer your question for you but i encourage you to jump right into the boards!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    Lauren wins the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by candypants View Post
    Hey guys. Oh, big gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    this does apply sometimes- but it is not as easy as just that- he will need to have his orders ammended, apply for command sponsorship, you will to have physicals done, get a passport and a visa. he wil have to extend the tour to reflect an accompanied tour, all this takes time from 3-6 months and you cannot do anythng until you are married!
  5. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    this does apply sometimes- but it is not as easy as just that- he will need to have his orders ammended, apply for command sponsorship, you will to have physicals done, get a passport and a visa. he wil have to extend the tour to reflect an accompanied tour, all this takes time from 3-6 months and you cannot do anythng until you are married!
    Checked my sources... gunsgirl is right. Welcome to the site! Let me know if you ever need anything.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  6. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I actually have a list of requirements for command sponsorship with the forms required but guns girls has given you the basic infor you need. It is quite a process to get the orders ammended and there are several ladies going thorough the process now. Once you're married and have all that taken care of, if you need help feel free to PM me. My DH and I are going through it right now.

Oh, and welcome to SOS.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.