Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Twentynine Plams Help

1. only for you =)
    only for you =)

Roll Eyes Twentynine Plams Help

Advertisements
    Okay soooo i'm moving out with my husband to Twentynine Palms we're gonna live off base. I've done EVERY type of search online to find appartments and i've found nothing. Well only phone numbers no pictures no ratings not even prices to most. I would feel bad asking him to go look at places because i know he's so busy at school. If anybody could help or knows where I could look that would be AMAZINGGG!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!
  2. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    dont feel bad, the city is like 5 blocks wide, it wont take him too long.

here are directions to my old apartment, they were triplexes ground level, with 1100 sq ft 2 bed 2 bath, 850 a month? cant remember. anyway, check it out,--

FROM THE BASE: Head up adobe all the way to the Intersection of adobe & HWY 62, GO THOUGH THAT LIGHT, turn left on cactus and take the first rt on OCOTILLO we lived at the middle building of plexes that are off white and have wide parking areas with a garbage unit infront.

Also, go down Tamarisk, going toward base, past Joshua, and try on 2 mile rd they hve some brand new looking houses that someone bought to rent out, they are really nice but you should have your own source of income to pay for them because i think my friend said they were 1200/mo.

the trick to the trade is to drive around, and find something that says for rent out front.

ALSO! TOTALLY think about base housing. you'll be racking up a 200 dollar A/C/electric bill sometimes. with base housing its cared for & a lot of places there don't have garages when you rent.

if you add me on myspace (myspace.com/melissalillis last name garcia), i can add you to these Twentynine palms military spouse groups that i belong to,WAY HELPFUL when its comes to looking for apartments and stuff.
  3. only for you =)
    only for you =)
    Ahhhh your amazing!!!!
    I'm going out v-tines weekend durring their 96 so we'll def go look then!!!
    Did you feel ... uhh ... (for lack of a better word) SAFE there?
    hahahah I'm so worried about that it seems like it could be such a bad area =/

My Life<3 Brap Brap.

4. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by AACamuti09 View Post
    Ahhhh your amazing!!!!
    I'm going out v-tines weekend durring their 96 so we'll def go look then!!!
    Did you feel ... uhh ... (for lack of a better word) SAFE there?
    hahahah I'm so worried about that it seems like it could be such a bad area =/
    anywhere could be "such a bad area" I mean take for instance a housing community blocks from me here in san diego, a man was shot in the housing, come on now, where is it safe to be now-a-days?

as always, lock your doors and your windows, always, people even get jacked on base. I know that I stayed in past sundown, but then again there's nothing to do past sun down (if i'm alone), and I got really really involved on base. Not with my husbands unit but I made some friends and frequented bingo OH and the gym there has a routine gym classes schedule that you're going to LOVE, totally gets you in the habit of going to the gym FORRRR FREEEE!!! it's a 24-7 facility. need more info on that just ask. (google kwd: mccs twentynine palms)

29 palms is known for their locals being bitter that their meth filled town has been taken over by a bunch of yuppies and military men. Ignore most of them, and don't talk to them unless talked to because some will lash out!!!! It's all thanks to the people who provoke them, or have in the past.

have fun and good luck :]
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    also, look on craigslist. You can rent houses out there for next to nothing! like what you would be paying for an apartment.