Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what should i do!

1. i fell in love at the jersey shore.
    i fell in love at the jersey shore.

Confused what should i do!

Advertisements
    my dh and i don't currently live together (due to school, and other factors) but he will be PCS-ing to hawaii in august, and i WILL be going with. well today he tells me that they won't pay for me to get to hawaii unless i live where he is stationed now, for a month. BUT i am on his orders to go.. and we won't get DLA either. so my question is, do you think it'd be cheaper for me to move down to north carolina and find a place to live for a month, or just pay my way to hawaii?
  2. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    How much stuff do you have? Price getting a container and moving your stuff to HI vs NC...I think you'll get the answer pretty fast.

DLA is a nice chunk too.
  3. i fell in love at the jersey shore.
    i fell in love at the jersey shore.
    well the thing is, most of my stuff is already in nc.. so all im bringing is really just a few boxes of clothes, and random things.. but no more than like 5 or 6 boxes.
  4. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    I'm confused, maybe Marines do it differently LOL.

You're on his orders. They assume you live with him because you are married. They will ship his stuff but not yours unless you live there a month.

Why not just say your stuff in the boxes are his stuff? You are married...it's OUR stuff KWIM?

You DEF don't want to do a move to Hawaii yourself, especially from the east coast.

You guys get 1 car shipped free as well. Do you have pets? There is a tight quarentine in HI too.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I'd be moving on down to NC!!!! Can you find a friend to live with?!?
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i would either move, or find the cheapest appartment you can and just pay the rent, but not live there. KWIM, then go down right before he leaves with your stuff.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMyMarine View Post
    my dh and i don't currently live together (due to school, and other factors) but he will be PCS-ing to hawaii in august, and i WILL be going with. well today he tells me that they won't pay for me to get to hawaii unless i live where he is stationed now, for a month. BUT i am on his orders to go.. and we won't get DLA either. so my question is, do you think it'd be cheaper for me to move down to north carolina and find a place to live for a month, or just pay my way to hawaii?

this is absolutley False!!!!!!!!!!!!

they will move you from two different places as long as you were married before he got orders.

you will need command sponsorship but you are entitled to ALL other PCS entitlements including DLA!

If you need me to find it in writing let me know or you can find it yourself in the JFTR.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    this is absolutley False!!!!!!!!!!!!

they will move you from two different places as long as you were married before he got orders.

you will need command sponsorship but you are entitled to ALL other PCS entitlements including DLA!

If you need me to find it in writing let me know or you can find it yourself in the JFTR.
    Can you find this for me? Sorry to thread jack but we're having the same issue.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    yep!! BRB!!!
  10. Banned
    Banned
    A. General
    *1. A member is authorized dependent PCS travel and transportation allowances (except as indicated in par.
    U5201-B) for travel between points authorized in this Volume. Unless otherwise specified in this Part, the
    authorization conditions in Part B apply. Except for travel by mixed modes under par. U5105-E, PCS travel
    and transportation allowances for a dependent are:
    a. Transportation-in-kind (see par. U5105-D) plus per diem (see par. U5210); or
    b. Reimbursement for common carrier transportation procured at personal expense (see par. U5105-C) plus
    per diem (see par. U5210); or
    c. MALT (see par. U5105-B) for POC travel, plus per diem (see par. U5210) for the required travel days
    between authorized points, NTE the allowable travel time computed under par. U3005-C.
    2. POC use for PCS travel, other than transoceanic, is to the Gov’t’s advantage. If a member elects not to move
    a dependent when authorized, the dependent travel and transportation allowances for a still-eligible dependent
    are payable incident to a subsequent PCS NTE the greatest of the distances to the new PDS from the:
    a. HOR or PLEAD (unless moved to the HOR or PLEAD ICW a move to ‘another location’ IAW par.
    U5218); or
    b. Designated place; or
    c. PDS from which the member elected not to move the dependent; or
    d. Last PDS.
    Any interim PCSs, for which a member did not claim dependent travel and transportation allowances, are ignored.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast