Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: military relocation

1. Junior Member

military relocation

Advertisements
    Questions about the move:

1. DH called today and said his AIT classes (six month course) start tomorrow but that a lot of guys on the base have been there over a year. Why is this, and he said he'd be there that long too, but why? Why's it take them that long to complete a six-month course?

2. He said they are making married guys move off base and get apartments b/c base is overcrowded and a lot of the guys have wives moving down since they're basically forcing them off base. I don't want to move if I'm only going to be there four months or so but if it's a year I want to move. Is there any way to find this out for sure? Every day they tell us something different. I feel like it's not smart financially to do this, even though we get BAH for housing expenses, because I still have other loans and things I need to pay back and DH's salary isn't enough to pay all of my loans as well as his regular bills.

3. If he's in AIT with formation and stuff, if I do move, will I ever see him? He said a lot of guys have wives moving, but I don't know, is it worth it? We've already got a month down. I know he needs me there for support but I do feel like it's financially smarter for me to keep my job here.

4. Is it possible to get a job down there? I'm concerned about finding something. Don't they ask you when you PCS? I'm so confused, he said they were changing it but now it looks like they're not. But he said a lot of guys' girls are moving to join them now.

Help with any or all would be appreciated.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I never have nor would I ever tell a potential employer when my spouse is due to PCS! I think it's a lesser known form of discrimination! It's hard enough for spouses to find jobs as it is, don't shoot yourself in the foot!
  3. Junior Member
    I'm sorry I just re-read my post and it's really confusing! What I was trying to say is that it was supposed to be an AIT temporary post, then they said he'd be there forever, so they changed it to PCS, but now he said he doesn't know if they actually are. Just clarifying.