Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Finding a sponser for new base. ?

1. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0

Help Finding a sponser for new base. ?

Advertisements
    How does DH find out about getting in contact with his sponser for his new base? I am just wondering.
    PPlease and Thank YOu.
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

All he should need to do is to call his new shop at the gaining base and see if one has been assigned to him. If one has not, he can ask for one. (We haven't always had a sponsor when we've moved... I think we've had one sponsor out of our 4+ moves.)
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Someone should be assigned. I agree with Brentscrystal. We haven't always had one either. And the ones we had sucked.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Which base are you headed to? There may be someone here that is already there... sometimes having someone that you know (even via the internet) is better.
  5. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0
    Quote Originally Posted by brentscrystal View Post
    Which base are you headed to? There may be someone here that is already there... sometimes having someone that you know (even via the internet) is better.
    He is Air Force, we are going to Hanscom AFB
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Someone should be assigned. I agree with Brentscrystal. We haven't always had one either. And the ones we had sucked.
    I agree with that. We always end up with the least helpful person ever.
  7. Senior Member
    I agree...if one is assigned he will get a package in the mail (generally how it has worked AF wise) with sponsor info and info about the area. If he doesn't get one and he knows his shop call the shop and ask for one or even if someone can get a package of info on the area together to mail to you.

I know DH already knows a name for a military member he is to sponsor for the end of this year. He found out last year lol.

We are not at that base, otherwise I would offer to help you out when you got here.
  8. Junior Member
    We are having problems regarding a sponser. My husband has requested one about 3 times at the base we will be PCSing to, and noone has ever got back to him! He requested once in writting and called twice. I think that it's really unfair that they will not provide him a sponser when he is asking for one!!
  9. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

What normally do if we don't have a sponsor is to go to http://www.hanscom.af.mil/ and you'll see a lot of base info. On the right side of the page you'll a 'featured links' section... check out the 'newcomer' info. There is usually great info there. You can also go to www.afcrossroads.com , sign up, and then go to the left side of the page and click on DoD Installations, then click on the AF jet and on the next page choose the base you want to look at. There is a ton of info on that site... a lot of it for the local area.

We've also contacted the local chamber of commerce and had them send a packet out to us, which is a fantastic help!