Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: im lost...

1. Very Proud Army Wife!
    Very Proud Army Wife!
    Blog Entries

Help im lost...

Advertisements
    im so lost trying to figure out a few things its my first move my husbands almost done with AIT so this isnt the best time to be lost.

i swear i saw something about how a soldier cant move into off post housing unless it was approved by... thats all i remember, i saved the page but then my computer crashed and i had to reset everything now i cant find it at all. were going to ft. bragg if it makes a difference but a general answer is great.

and if it doesnt sound right i could just be losing it. not like the house i found to rent couldnt pass any tests they want its amazing

oh and im planning on traveling without my dh do i still get compensated for it or only when im with him?

and maybe im looking for this memo to early (1 month til after BAT training is done) but how do i set up the whole moving of my stuff deal? everything i see only talks about going through your current duty station t but we dont have one and i didnt want to call ft bragg and sound like a lost kid (whio do this and thatch is how i feel) but i have seriously seen nothing about this.
    thanks!
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Your DH should be issued orders that has allows for family members to join him. If they are issued to only him he will need to go to Ft Bragg and get the Army to pay to move you to join him. If you aren't on his orders, the army won't pay.

You have to live in on post housing unless it is full. You'll most likely have to see housing at Ft Bragg, get a note that says housing is full, find a place to rent that follows the guidelines and then turn in the lease to get your BAH (housing money) started. The Army doesn't pay deposits, so you'll be responsible for paying whatever deposits are required.

PM me if you need more help.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    I forgot to add, you can't set up the move stuff without the orders stating the Army is moving you, your military ID card and a POA from your husband. When you get that, you contact the closest JPPSO office and they'll have you fill out paperwork and arrange the move.

Speaking of POA's, you'll need one for everything. The army doesn't recognize your authority to do anything without a POA from your DH.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  4. Senior Member
    I've never heard that you had to live on base unless it was full are you sure thats correct? Because i dont think it is...
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I just want to give you I will be you in May, not knowing what to do or where to go. It will probably be easier the second time around
  6. Banned
    Banned
    yes you will be compensated for traveling alone- but make sure you have a POA- you will need it for everything regarding the move.
  7. Senior Member
    I dont think she is right about having to live on base either. I'm pretty sure all you have to do is find a place and pay for it with your BAH. Thats what me and my DH did.