Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Coupon Spin Off - Saving money after the move

1. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries

Question Coupon Spin Off - Saving money after the move

Advertisements
    The thread about coupons got me thinking about the move, and setting up house in HI.

I've been trying to set aside coupons that have an expiration date after the move, so I can have plenty to use when I have to start from scratch in HI.
    I'm hoping that will offset the costs significantly for cleaning supplies and other basics that we'll have to buy.

I'm also going to try to play the Walgreens game to build up the extra money on a gift card to use. But that's hard to do because I can't exactly be stocking up here, so I can only do it for things I can move.

Does anyone have any other good tips for saving money on setting up house during an overseas move when you have to start from scratch?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    ship things like- comet ( non liquid, non flammable) SOS pads, sponges,with your HHG's.

remember that is what the DLA is for!!! make sure you ask for 100% of that up front!
  3. Senior Member
    Proctor and Gamble has a rebate right now where if you spend $50 in ANY P&G products, you can get a booklet with $120 worth of coupons in the mail. You have to purchase by 1/31/09 though, so you can buy stuff now that you need, and then get the booklet for when you move.
  4. Senior Member
    Also, this is a good resource as far as good deals with coupons at the commissary:

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums...ry-commissary/