Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And some more PCSing questions..

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

And some more PCSing questions..

Advertisements
    When you finally get your orders and stuff, do the movers call you to schedule a time when they come and pack and move it? Also once you do all that, do they work around your schedule to pack.. like can you tell them days that would be good, or does it go off what they tell you?

Also.. (yes I know I am annoying! )

When you move do they give you extra money for traveling expenses? Like food, hotel, and so on?

I am clueless as to how all this works so any help would be great!

TIA
  2. tinkerbellbrat
    tinkerbellbrat
    Blog Entries
    yes the do but that if you check a box when you were filling out paper work....i dont remerber which one it was....there should have told you in your tmo or moving classes
  3. Banned
    Banned
    once you have your orders your DH and you ( if you want to go) first have to go to set it up- and pick dates then- then the moving co will call do to a pre-move inspection and then they will come out as scheduled.

there is a thread I posted in explaining all the PCS entitlements just today: let me see if I can find it:
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Once you get your paper orders you go to the transportation office and since you are going overseas you take your orders and POA if you DH is not with you. There you will find out about the meeting time. At the meeting they go over how everything works and will schedule the movers to come.

Coming overseas you get two shipments HHG (household goods) which take like 90 days and then unaccompanied stuff. That is a smaller shipment that takes like 30 days. I sent my TV, computer and kitchen stuff.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    thanks ladies this is mine and DH's first move and of course its overseas
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    you can also find out info on shipping your vehicle at the transportation office.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    as for the entitlements: you will get DLA- this is at least 1800 dollars and is based on rank and with or without dependants. ( this is to help offset the costs of moving INTO a new place)

Per diem- this is a per day allowance per person and is as follows: 109 for member 81.25 for spouse and dependants over 12 and 54.75 for dependants under 12.
    per diem is based on authorised travel days ( more in a min.)

MALT- this is a fat rate per MILE allowance and is currently 24 cents a mile

TLE; this is temp lodging expense and is a reimbursement for hotel and food costs at the old or new duty station for a max of 10 days total.

Partial PPM: this is a reimbursement for bringing stuff with you in your car and is about 1 dollar per pound.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    as for the entitlements: you will get DLA- this is at least 1800 dollars and is based on rank and with or without dependants. ( this is to help offset the costs of moving INTO a new place)

Per diem- this is a per day allowance per person and is as follows: 109 for member 81.25 for spouse and dependants over 12 and 54.75 for dependants under 12.
    per diem is based on authorised travel days ( more in a min.)

MALT- this is a fat rate per MILE allowance and is currently 24 cents a mile

TLE; this is temp lodging expense and is a reimbursement for hotel and food costs at the old or new duty station for a max of 10 days total.

Partial PPM: this is a reimbursement for bringing stuff with you in your car and is about 1 dollar per pound.

Your amazing how do you know all this stuff.. your like my personal little army term dictionary!! Thank you!!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    As far as the DLA do I use that to pay for our tickets or is that seperate.. or does the military give them to us.. wow I am sorry I am so annoying and clueless about all this!
  10. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenabugg View Post
    As far as the DLA do I use that to pay for our tickets or is that seperate.. or does the military give them to us.. wow I am sorry I am so annoying and clueless about all this!
    They will issue your ticket 10 days prior to flying.

If you have pets, make sure shots are up to date NOW. They have to have the rabies shot for 30 days minimum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast