Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geo-Bachelor in Key West

1. Senior Member

Help Geo-Bachelor in Key West

Advertisements
    It is looking like DH will be taking orders to Key West with the plan to go geo-bachelor while we stay here. It will be for a little less than a year and a half, and as a PCS. Does anyone have any information on the way they do it down there? I've read that every place is different. Will we still get BAH here if he is in the housing for geo bachelors? I would love to get the Key West BAH Also, does anyone know if or how often they do MAC flights from Key West to NAS Jax?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    the BAH will be based on key west- in your case ( since it is a PCS) he will need to talk to the base there- the navy is cracking down on Geo- bachs and are requiring members to: 1) forfiet ALL bah to live in the barracks,, 2) making them pay 10-20 dollars a day for the barracks room and giving the duty zip BAH, or requiring all GEO's to be resident advisors and then allowing them to live in the barrakcs for free.

this varies so great from member to member that to get the best info he needs to call KW.

I do not think there are any Space a flights from the keys to JAx- I know they use to but I think last yr they stopped them.
  3. Senior Member
    I finally got ahold of someone in Key West housing, and just finished a letter to the GB review board to see if they will approve him as a GB. I've got to email it to her and should know next week sometime. The way she was talking was like there was a small chance of being allowed to do it, so it's something that needs to be ok'd or denied before he gets the orders, because our family will be screwed if he takes them and then can't do it.
  4. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm from Miami

I keep trying to get DF to change branches and go to Key West! (NOT gonna happen)

I'm jealous!
  5. what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    what is meant to be will always find it's way :)
    Not sure on any "real" info things..BUT i was in Key West for sping break in college and it was AWESOME! The guy my frined was dating was stationed there and we went on the NAS there and used their beach, it was so nice. You'll have a killer place to visit!! Duval st. is a blast
  6. Senior Member
    Why not go with him? They have housing down there and it's a great place to live. We were there for four years and I LOVED it!!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Why not go with him? They have housing down there and it's a great place to live. We were there for four years and I LOVED it!!
    He was planning on getting out in September, but then he got this extension thing. We just bought a house here and are trying to sell another. Plus it would be my stepdaughter's 4th school in 3 years. There's a lot of other factors too, but those are two big ones.
  8. Senior Member
    Makes sense!! Too bad though, it's BEAUTIFUL down there. Make sure you go visit...and when you do go out the the Tortugas.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    omg me and dh went to that base while we were on our honey moon in key west.. FREAKING AMAZING!!! Its soo nice Jealous!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    All I can say is I am so Jelous!!!! (however its spelled)
    Why aren't you going with him?
    and buying a boat and living on a boat?
    And going out everynight and drinking to the sound of steal drums?
    and OMG go woman go!!!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast