Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Housing Issues (long)

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Question Housing Issues (long)

Advertisements
    Ok...I'm officially asking for HELP...BIG time.
    DF would like to rent a townhouse for us and is trying to get an advance on his BAH. However, he found out today that for that to happen he'd have to move out of the dorms and pay out of pocket for the townhouse. There is NO way I can pay $935 a month for my rent as it is and an extra $725 for the townhouse a month. I keep trying to tell him to stick it out in the dorms until we are married but he really wants this townhouse. Apparently the landlord is trying to get this rented by February and unfortunately we are not being married until February 26th. I've already offered him $500 of my savings money to put the deposit down, but I really don't even want to do that. I do not understand why DF is so "driven" to get this townhouse when he has NO money in the bank and I have my rent to pay. He's all spastic on me and is freaking out. I keep trying to tell him that sometimes you can't get what you want, and we will make due with anything so long as we have a roof over our head.
    Is there a way that military can get the deposit waived? If this is the case, I'll give him the $500 as an advancement for the first month's rent, and he'll have to make do with nothing but his cell phone so that he can pay the rest of the rent for the first month. He can pay me back with his BAH check and I'll be fine. But I am looking for any advice you can give.

Sorry this is long!
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Disregard. We worked it out. Peace.
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

3. Senior Member
    Glad you worked it out! But I will tell you that I am pretty sure you can take advanced BAH within a 3 month period of transfer.
    Needs work.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Well this is officially worked out!!! We officially have a 3 bedroom Townhouse in Panama City!!!! DF is hoping to move in by the end of the month! Pics will be posted soon!
    -Me

5. Senior Member
    I was going to say that unless the military has an arrangement with a landlord for the landlord to waive security deposit the military can not make any landlord do anything.

But you have it all worked out and that is what counts.