Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this true?

1. Senior Member

Duh Is this true?

Advertisements
    If you pack everything up yourself, will the movers really unpack and repack everything for you?!

Thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard!
  2. Senior Member
    From my experience no. When they came to pack my house. I already packed some stuff and they didn't mind one bit that i did lol. Everything that was not packed, they did.
    Mommy's Little Monkey Mommy's Little Princess
  3. *PROUD ARMY WIFEY*
    *PROUD ARMY WIFEY*
    i did the same i packed some stuff and they were ok with it as long as it wasnt glass or liquids etc something that could brake and they be responsible for ...

" Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever..
    and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    in the past they would now probably not. however some note which boxes were prepacked and would note that so if things were broken you could not put a claim on them.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    No. However, they may examiner whats in the boxes if they are going into storage.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    No, but you're not covered for anything in those boxes that goes missing or is damaged because they can't note on the form what is in there. If you're planning to pack everything yourself anyway, you might find you'd make more money doing a DITY move and hiring someone to just load it and haul it. A friend of mine just did this on a move from WA to FL and they made a ton of money. It's only worth it if you're fine with packing everything yourself, but it sounds like you want to do that anyway.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    They told us (when they came to pack us up) that we can either take the stuff with us in our car if it was packed, or they have to unpack it and repack it so they know how it was packed, etc. Otherwise they refuse to be liable for it. I wouldn't pack anything if I were you.
  8. ProudArmyWifeD
    Last edited by ProudArmyWifeD; 01-06-2010 at 11:59 AM.
  9. Senior Member
    if thats the case then i'll at least pack all of our clothes. its not like you can break a pair of jeans right? i guess i'll have to let them pack everything else though
    the whole reason i wanted to pack everything was that so i knew nothing would break!
    now it just kind of defeats the purpose i guess.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudArmyWifeD View Post
    No, they will NOT unpack and repack your things, but neither will they be liable for whatever it is that YOU packed.

Better to let them pack it all up.
    This all depends on base. Trust me.

First base, they just took it. Didn't care. Second base, unpacked everything and repacked it. Things that were in storage containers everything. They touched it. This base...I don't know yet. They didn't care to much when going from one house to another but we will see on a official TDY.

Every base is different. All comes down to liability. People are sue happy.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast