Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: im a little unsure of this yet...

1. allyboots

im a little unsure of this yet...

Advertisements
    Does anybody know if i can live with my husband off base during his MOS training. ( BOLC 3) he's an officer. i can't find an anwser anywhere and he's been in the feild so i havent been able for him to find out. any information is much appericated! thank yous
  2. In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    Yes, I believe you can live with him. I would try the website for Officers Families for more information . . those ladies were very helpful to me. It's www.officersfamilies.com. You can even find wives of other soldiers in his class. I'm pretty sure you can live with him though. The military will not pay for you to move though and I'm pretty sure you'll have to find an apartment yourself. My husband just started BOLC III at Ft Eustis and their website discourages soldiers from bringing their families unless this is also going to be there PCS. I know plenty of people who have done it though.
  3. Senior Member
    I think usually they have to be there at least 6 months for the military to pay for it.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    I think usually they have to be there at least 6 months for the military to pay for it.

I thought it was 20 weeks...but
  5. In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    In my own little crazy world . . it's ok, they know me here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysgirl322 View Post
    I thought it was 20 weeks...but
    The BOLC III course is usually 13 weeks, so the army won't pay for the family to move there with him, unless this is also the same base he's going to be stationed at for his first assignment after school. She can move to where he's going, but they'll have to find her an apt on their own and pay for the move out of pocket. The soldiers are generally put up in hotel rooms, but family members are not authorized to stay there with them. I think if she gets an apt he can stay with her though.