Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi san diego, please help!!!!!

1. Junior Member

Hi san diego, please help!!!!!

Advertisements
    In june my husband will be coming back from deployment, and will be relocated to san diego. he wants to find an apartment around town, and i want to get military housing. we are expecting our first baby in may and im really nervous and scared about the move. i want to live somewhere that i would feel safe with a baby. if anyone can help me weigh the pros and cons or tell me which option is better, i would greatly appreiate it!! I really dont know what to do!!!!
  2. Banned
    Banned
  3. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    If you head over to the Southwestern Forum (http://forum.militarysos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88) and just start either reading or searching you will find a TON of links, advice, suggestions, etc. there.

If you have any questions about a particular spot there are a lot of us on the board that are here in Diego and can help.

Good Luck.

Also depending on where he is stationed, you will need to decide what is the most amount of commute time he is willing to take. All areas have good and bad. Are you looking into housing or living in civilian areas, etc?

4. It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    We're in San Diego (both from SD) and have always lived off base. So I have no opinions on base housing but I can tell you about living in the South Bay area. I have never felt unsafe in any of the areas I've lived in with my girls.

We've lived in Imperial Beach, Otay Mesa, and Chula Vista. I personally like Chula Vista the best and living closer to the 805 is probably you're best option if you want to live in this area. Anything close to the 5 in Chula is something you'd want to stay away from, not dangerous but a little too ghetto for my liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    He will only honor the value that YOU put on YOURSELF. Love yourself, you are worth it.
  5. Junior Member
    Im looking into both housing and living in civilian areas. i know its expensive to live in SD, my husband seems to think overall it'll be cheaper to find an apartment on our own. but im thinking that military housing might be better quality, could possibly be cheaper even though all BAH is taken, and id get to finally meet some military spouses and families
  6. Senior Member
    I like our base housing. We are at Murphy Canyon. I have a 4 bedroom though, so I am not sure about 2 bedrooms.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We live in "Hillcrest" by balboa park. We have a 1 bedroom with garage that we pay $1200 for. We like where we live. I like Hillcrest because it has a huge gay population so nobody bothers me. I feel very safe. Now my hubby I watch out for, LOL.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by tennisrach View Post
    We live in "Hillcrest" by balboa park. We have a 1 bedroom with garage that we pay $1200 for. We like where we live. I like Hillcrest because it has a huge gay population so nobody bothers me. I feel very safe. Now my hubby I watch out for, LOL.
    hahaha! We got lost in that area and my hubby got nervous! LOL!

we are getting a place in City heights, its not the best area but we know the landlords so we knoe its legit.
  9. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Depending on his paygrade and such, you quite possibly could get more for your money being in housing... I like that we've got reliable maintenance, we get roadside assistance on BOTH cars within a 5 mile radius of our home (that includes lockouts, running out of gas, jumpstarts and such), plus that our rent includes all utilities and doesn't fluctuate month to month.. housing also has private security companies that patrol the neighborhoods. We moved here from South Texas almost 2 yrs. ago and for us, even with G at E6 at the time, it was worth it to live in housing.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

10. Junior Member
    It sounds like housing is the way to go, thank you for all of your reponses. I heard the area is huge, so it will be very different from ingleside!!! Im excited to get there!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast