Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIRST PCS....HELP!!

1. Senior Member

Help FIRST PCS....HELP!!

Advertisements
    Ok, so DH is off to AIT when he returns back to base after Exodus... then its like 13weeks before he will be done. I will be going off to spend a month with my mother as my father just deployed and she is down and would love to see DD before we move.

My question is this... Can i pack up all of our things and just leave the boxes opened and have the movers finish the job? I mean i feel move comfortable packing everything then trusting strangers to do it. I read somewhere that if i closed the boxes they were not accountable is this true? Please.. anything you can tell me on planning a move...anything!!
    "You are good, when there is nothing good in me
  2. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    they had to go through all of the boxes we packed to make sure there were no liquids or batteries or anything they weren't allowed to move. so it might be easier to just let them do it all. or if you are going to pack everything rent a uhaul and do a full dity move. you can make some pretty good money off that. doubt i helped much, but its all i got. i've only pcs'ed once
  3. Senior Member
    with DD being 18 months old when we move i dont think a full dity move will be best... plus im no help and DH would be loading everything alone. I wouldnt even know where to begin. UGH!! i HATE not being able to be prepared for things...lol. Im the type of person i wanna have it done and over with and when they get here just load and go lol. Thanks though i really appreciate it!!
  4. Missing you more each day...
    Missing you more each day...
    When we pcs they packed everything They told me to just relax lol they even packed all the clothes in the closets. They have to make a detail list of everything they are moving and tag it. So Im pretty sure they will go through the boxes
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If you pack the boxes in general, they wont be held accountable for anything. Your best bet is just to let them pack your stuff for you. You wont have any work to do & if something does break they will be accountable. I do want to suggest that anything you dont want them to pack or anything you're taking with you, put in seperate closet & put a sign that says DO NOT PACK. good luck with the move
  6. Banned
    Banned
    ditto to what every one else has said- if you put it in boxes they will either repack everything or will write customer packed and if anything gets broken you cannot file a claim for repairs or replacements.
    it is best to just let them do it or do a full dity.
  7. Senior Member
    AHHH!! This is gunna be hard...but i guess im leaving it up to everyone else...now all i have to figure out is what to do with all the boxes i bought today...lol
  8. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by army mommy View Post
    AHHH!! This is gunna be hard...but i guess im leaving it up to everyone else...now all i have to figure out is what to do with all the boxes i bought today...lol
    can you return them? or just have them pack them
  9. Senior Member
    "here will you please pack my boxes i was gunna use to pack my items because i dont trust proffesional packers to pack my stuff?" lol yea... I was told to supply pizza and like soda...they said the guys seem to be more friendly and more willing to do everything you ask.. is this a good idea?
  10. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    we went to jack in the box and got them something to eat. our packers were really nice. but we gave them alcohol, candles, a car stereo, all sorts of stuff we either couldn't take with us or didn't have a need for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast