Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP NOW PLEASE!!!

1. Senior Member

Help HELP NOW PLEASE!!!

Advertisements
    Last edited by TZCB08; 01-05-2010 at 09:23 PM.
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Ok, so do you want out of it now? If you aren't married then you are shit out of luck on this one.

I hope something can be figured out!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    Ok, so do you want out of it now? If you aren't married then you are shit out of luck on this one.

I hope something can be figured out!
    We are getting married on NYE - in like 9 days ... we won't be moving until the end of January
  4. Senior Member
    Talk to legal. Once you're a dependent the SCRA applies to both of you. He can talk to his legal office and have them write a letter to them. Usually that will do it. It doesn't matter who is on the lease. Once you are married, the "military clause" applies to both of you.
  5. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    idk but it doesnt hurt to ask a jag. I'm thinking that they may be able to use that as an excuse to not let you out of your lease since you werent military spouse at the time of the lease signing. Your DH wasnt on the lease when you signed it as well.
    I Love my boys
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petsparkle View Post
    Talk to legal. Once you're a dependent the SCRA applies to both of you. He can talk to his legal office and have them write a letter to them. Usually that will do it. It doesn't matter who is on the lease. Once you are married, the "military clause" applies to both of you.
    omg you're my hero ... i needed to hear something like that -- deep breath deep breath, I have a wedding in 9 days and SO don't need this stress right now
  7. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by petsparkle View Post

I'm sure right now with you talking to them saying "I will be married" isn't going to cut it. Once you are, then get a letter or even a marriage licence that will prove to them that you are married, and that he's in the military, and that should work! for you!
  8. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    Oh wow, you need to go to legal if it is so soon!
  9. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    hmm... i would call back and hopefully talk to someone different and ask for DF to be added on to your lease. i'm not sure if that's possible since they are already aware that you are going to try to get out of it.

i've had to break leases before and my property owners were very helpful. usually, i had to give up security deposits and maybe pay a month or two extra of rent. when did you sign this lease? when is your lease scheduled to be up? did you know DF back then? sorry for all the questions... its just that if you signed this lease while dating your DF, i'm surprised he didn't think to put his name on it as well.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    hmm... i would call back and hopefully talk to someone different and ask for DF to be added on to your lease. i'm not sure if that's possible since they are already aware that you are going to try to get out of it.

i've had to break leases before and my property owners were very helpful. usually, i had to give up security deposits and maybe pay a month or two extra of rent. when did you sign this lease? when is your lease scheduled to be up? did you know DF back then? sorry for all the questions... its just that if you signed this lease while dating your DF, i'm surprised he didn't think to put his name on it as well.
    So long as you give 30 days notice you shouldn't have to forefeit any money. I'm assuming you're moving because of his orders from what you were saying. So if you're moving in January, you'll need to get that letter ASAP and get it submitted as soon as you guys are married. You may have to pay until the end of that 30 days notice, but that's better than losing your deposit and having to pay until they rerent the place.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast