Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My DH detailer sucks!!!!!!

1. Senior Member

My DH detailer sucks!!!!!!

Advertisements
    He is such a lier and has been a PITA for too long. He was stopped lossed and I swear is taking it out on my DH. He lies(did i mention that already) and doesn't know the regs. When all this stuff is out for DH to be selected for, does he ever get it? NOOOOOOOO

It took the CMC to call and talk to this guy to just get orders here. He wouldn't select my dh for anything.
    Three years later he put him in for Iraq, which my dh fought when he was just putting it out there. So what do we get? Iraq! Well that didn't work out. He didn't pass the medical exam in San Diego. Dummy! We could have told him there was a good chance that was going to happen. So he getsw stuck in a hot fill. Now it's time to select again and the guy is being a HUGE pain. And constantly lies.

DH is getting all the emails together and is going to sit down w/ the CO. Hopefully they'll come up w/ a solution.

Has anybody heard about the Conus/OConus rotation as opposed to sea/shore rotation? It's suppose to be a new reg.?

Maybe I should have put this in vent...

2. Senior Member
    What rate is your DH? Yes there is a new concept out called Sea Flow and some rates have OCONUS/CONUS Tours such as MA's and CT's. That NAVADMIN Came out in August 2008.

What is the Detailer lying about?

When did the Navy start doing Stop Losses?
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    OK So I dont understand one thing and maybe NC can explain. DH did Sea, Shore, Sea and then a NECC/Expeditiionary Warfare Tour. He wants to stay in the EXW community as it is at Congress for a vote on close looping the job. His detailer tells him he cannot go sea again and HAS to pick a shore billet. Is this true. Why cant he be involved in choosing the path of his career. Why not keep him in the EXW community after investing 100's of thousands in his training. This is all confusing to me especially because as an MA he has been told that as soon as he hits shore duty he will be sent "over" for 6 months of every year anyway. Please help me to understand this. We have been doing this for 14 years and I am continually baffled by the stupidity of detailers. So he looks for a shore billet on JAZ (sp?) and there is one in our area but the detailer says there are none. What the hell is the problem here. He tells her he wants to stay here and will take sea, she says no, he says ok give me Northwest Annex,Chesapeake (going from EXW to riding around in a patrol car will be great for his carreer) and her response is ther are no billets here. How do you win?
  4. Senior Member
    I can't offer advice because I don't understand our own detailer. After MONTHS of my dh's detailer saying he needed sea duty and refusing him everything he requested, he has stuck him in a shore billet. He acted like he's never talked to dh before.
    Oh well, we're through with him for another 3 years. Hopefully we'll have a different guy the next time around, if my dh doesn't retire before then.
  5. Member
    sounds like your DH and my DH have the same detailer!!! LOL!