Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS-ing to Hawaii...

1. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!

Question PCS-ing to Hawaii...

Advertisements
    I found a list for the 2009 DLA

http://perdiem.hqda.pentagon.mil/per...2009-01-01.pdf

what is suppost to be covered with that $ and what does the military cover for you??

This is my first PCS move and its to Hawaii so can i get a heads up of what its like.

I Love my boys
  2. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!

I Love my boys
  3. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    BAH is for rent and utilities.

For a military move, you can do a DITY (pronounced ditty, means do it yourself) where you do all the packing and transporting, a partial DITY where you do all the packing, or the military can do the move including the packing and transporting.

For Hawaii, which is considered OCONUS (Outside Continental United States), I don't know that DITY or partial DITY is an option.

If you do a DITY / partial DITY, you get reimbursed.

You will get reimbursed for some of the transition expenses as well, like a per diem amount for meals, hotel stay, etc.

Go through the office on base to get your airplane ticket and you won't have to pay out of pocket to be reimbursed.

The orders will specify if you are authorized to ship a vehicle or not. If you are not authorized, the military will put it into storage for you.

The orders will also specify what percentage of your HHG (household goods) weight allowance you are authorized to ship to your new duty station. For us, we got 100% which is great but they also authorized us to store some of the HHG while we are overseas.

I'm not sure but I think if they say you can ship 50% of your allowance (on the orders it has the intials JFTR, but I have no clue what that means! LOL!), then they should provide storage for the other half of your goods, KWIM?
  4. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Oh here! I just found this, should be helpful!! http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil....398.0.0.0.0.0
  5. Formerly BuBBleHeadWifE03!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    Oh here! I just found this, should be helpful!! http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil....398.0.0.0.0.0
    Thank you sooo much. I never went through any reimbursements when i first moved to virginia. i should of lol
    I Love my boys
  6. Banned
    Banned
    since you are going to HI-- you will get BAH for the current DUTY station until the member checks into the new unit.

then DLA- is a flat rate allowance that is earmarked for MOVING INTO a new place, setting up deposits, buying cleaning supplies restocking spices and food ect.

with flying - you will get per diem for one day of travel- this will help with the cost of food and incedentals whiel traveling in the airports all day.

you will also get TLE- this is for hotel and food costs for 5 days at the OLD duty station (PDS) this is a MAX of 180 per day per family- there is a special formula they use for each location
    and you will get TLA - for hotel and food costs in HI- this is a max of 30 days and has a 220 dollar ( about) MAX per day .

you will not be able to do any kind of partial or DITY -

but you will be allowed up to 1,000 lbs of unaccompanied baggage that you can send ahead so you will have some stuff when you get there.