Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Just wondering...

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Just wondering...

Advertisements
    My DB is currently deployed. He told me that he bought me a ring! Im so excited! He isnt to good with surprises! LOL! Anyways... He is wanting to get married after his deployment. I love him more than anything and I cant wait to be married to him! I believe they get about 30 days before they have to go back to where their stationed, Right? But Im just wondering what it is going to be like when I move with him. Because I live in Georgia and he is stationed in Little Creek, VA. All my family and friends are here and when I move with him I just dont know what Im going to do? Ofcourse the only thing that I really care about is being with him though! I miss him so much and love him with all my heart! Im just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation? Is it easy to meet people? What about getting a job? Those are just a few things that have been on my mind lately. But anyways... I hope everyone has a good day!
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    It is what you make of it. You will have an FRG for networking and if you are social then you shouldn't have a problem making friends. Just start looking for a job before you get out there.
  3. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    It is what you make of it. You will have an FRG for networking and if you are social then you shouldn't have a problem making friends. Just start looking for a job before you get out there.
    It's a new and exciting experience! Just make sure that you do all you can before you leave to prepare for it. And don't keep to yourselves, because when he has to leave/deploy again .. you're going to need all the friends you've got
  4. Senior Member
    Little Creek is a pretty nice base! That whole part of VA is very populated with military families. Try and meet the wives of people your soon to be DH will be working with. Once you get settled in you can host a dinner party or something like that to help get to know everyone.

You can also keep an eye on this site for any get togethers in that area!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you for the advice!
  6. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    hey you will have your man with you! How exciting to start out a new life together!
    ZOE
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I know it, Im really excited! I love him so much and I cant wait until his deployment is over!!!
  8. I love all my wifeys!! They rock my socks!!
    I love all my wifeys!! They rock my socks!!
    Little creek is awesome! And as long as you dont lock yourself in, chances are you will run into other military wives EVERYWHERE you go down there

YES I AM ADDICTED!!!!