Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyndall AFB

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Tyndall AFB

Advertisements
    Girls,
    My boyfriend became my fiancee about 3 weeks ago and we will be married on February 26th of 2009. Is anyone here in the Tyndall AFB area? I'd like to meet fellow Air Force Wives and even significant others that are willing to help me out with moving from Jersey to Tyndall and who may want to hang out when I get down there!
    Any advice?
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

2. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Me! Me! I'm gonna be at tyndall by January 1 yay!!! I'm so excited to see someone else there. Are you getting base housing?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I will not be moved down there until probably around April of 2009. So show me pics and whatnot of the housing so I know what I'm in for! LOL. So glad I have fellow newbies going to be in the area! You up for shopping and exploring route 95?! I visited there last month and there has to be more than just route 95 the strip.
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My husband grew up on this AFB he liked it a lot and ALWAYS talks about it.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Green Mammy,
    Would your husband know where the closest mom and pop italian restaurant is? The closest thing to mom and pop tends to be applebees and olive garden over there! If you can give me a listing of local restaurants that are not franchises or chains within an hour distance that he can possibly remember!!!! We looked everywhere for a non chain on route 95 and NADDA!HELP please!
    -Me

6. England Rocks.
    England Rocks.
    Im currently at Tyndall right now, though hubs got orders to England so we'll be leaving sometime in feb. But until then, im here!!!
  7. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I get so excited when I see this pop up! I'm like yay!! Tyndall
  8. England Rocks.
    England Rocks.
    Just be aware that this is a spring break town, aka its all about bar hopping, clubs, parties and alcohol.

Anything kid friendly beyond movies, bowling or a day at the beach will cost you upwards of $100 for a day of fun.

Its just... well you make the most of it. Thats all i can say. And Tyndall's BX and Commissary are just TINY, and there is no such thing as a 24 hour shoppette.
  9. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoniebolonie View Post
    Just be aware that this is a spring break town, aka its all about bar hopping, clubs, parties and alcohol.

Anything kid friendly beyond movies, bowling or a day at the beach will cost you upwards of $100 for a day of fun.

Its just... well you make the most of it. Thats all i can say. And Tyndall's BX and Commissary are just TINY, and there is no such thing as a 24 hour shoppette.
    that's my main complaint...I was so used to going to the Scott AFB commissary with my grandparents and that thing is HUGE.

and yea it being a spring break town is sucky
  10. England Rocks.
    England Rocks.
    The whole spring break thing is fine until the end of Feb and on through April, cause thats when it hits. LOL. Then its like... bikini bottoms, beer bottles, and lots and lots of DUI's galore, everywhere. It doesnt just stay out at Panama City Beach.

Im trying to think of something good to add here, haha. Gosh i really just hate this place after being here for so long. I think the only thing i like is some of the friendships i've made. But as any place, there's even downsides to some of the people i know here. Shaaaadddyyy business in these parts.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast