Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: during deployment...

1. michaela_092008

during deployment...

Advertisements
    So my husbands unit it talking deployment at the end of 09. I am probably going to be moving home to be with my familiy during that time, but I am not sure how things work. Like will we still be getting BAH and BAS if I move home? Will it be the rate according to his duty station or will it change to the rate where I am moving to? Also what other pay do we get while he is deployed? I am so new to this and have so many questions, but I hate always asking my DH because I think he gets tired of me asking so many questions...any help would be great!!! Thanks in advance!!!
  2. Regular Member
    you will still get all your regular pay according to his Duty Station,and once he is gone depending for how long he is going to be gone for and where he is going,you would get family separation pay,combat pay,harship duty pay and a few more it all depends on where he is at

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Isnt BAS for the service memeber, i always get the abv. confused, but i dont think you will get that, but you will get BAH (not sure if it will be for his duty station or where you will be) you should get seperation pay, and i think thats it... There are a few other factors that will come into play... i see you are at benning, is he airborn... you might also be getting jump pay
  4. michaela_092008
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Isnt BAS for the service memeber, i always get the abv. confused, but i dont think you will get that, but you will get BAH (not sure if it will be for his duty station or where you will be) you should get seperation pay, and i think thats it... There are a few other factors that will come into play... i see you are at benning, is he airborn... you might also be getting jump pay

BAS is the money we get each month for groceries. I wasn't sure if we would continue to get that or not???
  5. Senior Member
    Technically, BAS is money for the soldier to eat. If he is in a place where meals are provided, then it is usually taken away. I don't remember if we collected it when he was in Iraq or not.
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    BAH will be off his current duty station, unless he is stationed overseas, then it goes off where you will be.
  7. He's my best friend
    He's my best friend
    DH is stationed overseas, we get BAH based on Connecticut...where I'm living
    Missing my husband--Stupid Deployment
    My Goofball
  8. michaela_092008
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sarah* View Post
    BAH will be off his current duty station, unless he is stationed overseas, then it goes off where you will be.

But when he goes over to Iraq or Afganastan his duty station will still be Ft. Benning right? Or will he then be stationed overseas...sorry I'm so new at this...
  9. Regular Member
    [QUOTE=michaela_092008;3866158]But when he goes over to Iraq or Afganastan his duty station will still be Ft. Benning right? Or will he then be stationed overseas...sorry I'm so new at this

yup Ft.Benning stil would be his duty station...my husband is in iraq and he deployed out of Ft. Lewis so thats his duty station