Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The moving process?!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The moving process?!

Advertisements
    So we are just waiting now to get the final paper orders for Italy, we have done all the overseas stuff and now just waiting... once we finally do get orders.. whats the process for moving and all that stuff.. do they send you stuff, are u on your own? This is our first move with the military and I have no idea what to expect? Please help!!
  2. Senior Member
    Once you have orders you will get info for the movers.... They will pack and ship all your stuff plus ONE vehicle... You will have to drive that vehicle to the port though (probably Baltimore). You will aslo have to get your no fee passport and visa done before you can fly, once you have those they will make you a flight, sometimes its military chartered, sometimes its not. We're supposed to PCS to Italy in Feb... I'm going to have to go late because of the baby and health stuff, but should be there by summer hopefully!!!!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    Once you have orders you will get info for the movers.... They will pack and ship all your stuff plus ONE vehicle... You will have to drive that vehicle to the port though (probably Baltimore). You will aslo have to get your no fee passport and visa done before you can fly, once you have those they will make you a flight, sometimes its military chartered, sometimes its not. We're supposed to PCS to Italy in Feb... I'm going to have to go late because of the baby and health stuff, but should be there by summer hopefully!!!!

Where in Italy... and also what is a no fee passport? I have a normal one, or will have it in a few weeks!
  4. Married to a Naval Officer
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenabugg View Post
    Where in Italy... and also what is a no fee passport? I have a normal one, or will have it in a few weeks!
    No-fee passport is the passport you use to go into Italy. It's for official travel. It takes about 4-6 weeks to get it. Your regular tourist passport can be used for leisure travel. So you've done all the overseas screening (medical/dental/suitability)? When are you moving? We were stationed in Italy but probably not where you're going since you're Navy but I'm pretty sure the process is almost the same.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Vencinzo, Italy and I know I spelled that wrong lol.. I just had my overseas screening two days ago.. i am so freakin excited but I want those damn paper orders! Where do I get this no fees passport? On base? So many things to do! AH!! We wont be leaving though till the end of March! I cant wait!
  6. Married to a Naval Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenabugg View Post
    Vencinzo, Italy and I know I spelled that wrong lol.. I just had my overseas screening two days ago.. i am so freakin excited but I want those damn paper orders! Where do I get this no fees passport? On base? So many things to do! AH!! We wont be leaving though till the end of March! I cant wait!
    On base, the personnel office can tell you where to go. Usually the transportation office submits the paperwork for you. That's where you arrange your flights too. And if you're shipping a car and have to drop it off far from where you are, you can request to have your flights originate from there.
  7. Senior Member
    You can't get the no fee passport or visa until you have paper orders... There should be a passport office on base... No use fretting until you get orders... I had my screening, but we decided to just put it all on hold until after the baby is born... We're going to Aviano AB, Italy, about 2 hours from Vicenza from what I've heard.
  8. Married to a Naval Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    You can't get the no fee passport or visa until you have paper orders... There should be a passport office on base... No use fretting until you get orders... I had my screening, but we decided to just put it all on hold until after the baby is born... We're going to Aviano AB, Italy, about 2 hours from Vicenza from what I've heard.

We just got our orders Oct. 31st and we're still scheduled to leave a week before Christmas. You have plenty of time. Since your overseas screening is done, you could start working on the rest about 2 months before you want to leave. We're doing it in 1 1/2 months which included overseas screening since we couldn't schedule overseas screening without our orders. We scheduled our pack-out two weeks before (but don't do that ) 'coz we had to wait for the dependent entry approval and still got our preferred dates. Pack-out starts tomorrow.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks for all the great info ladies!I love this site cause I get all my "I have no idea" questions answered haha