Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Help NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements
    Hello, ladies I need help : I am a RN ,So im use to my own money doing my own thing well he is stationed at FT, campbell and I love it there but, im finding it hard to be away from my family . Im also finding it hard leaving my job because right now im not working so he is bringing in the income. I did get my retirement money out because im no longer working but we have had too use that to help buy things. How can I deal with leaving my family? Plus it looks like were so broke all the time what are some things I can do too save money or what are some cheap meals I can cook to help out on us saving money?
    Loving my new man and the marines !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I buy generic brand instead of namebrand and I look at cambellskitchen.com for cheap recipes.
  3. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    save money...ok here is what i do. i look at all of the little things that i could cut out. for example look at your phone bill or electric bill. do you have extra charges you can eliminate? do you go to 7-11 and get sodas alot? do you leave lights on or other things on when you dont need them? on the grocery bill i shop somewhere that has a plus savings card or the comissary and buy store brands only. before i shop, i plan out 2wks of food so that i know exactly what i need to buy. hope this helps...btw, i have an excel file for my finances and am very organized with them. if you want more help or some menus just pm me!

[/url]
  4. Banned
    Banned
    ok here are a few of my money saving tips-

use dryer sheets more than once- I can get at least 2 sometimes three uses from each one

I stopped buying coffee in the morning and make it at home ( this saves 4 dollars a day )

use coupons when you can;

buy generic- I do not buy everything generic, but things like canned veggies, mustard, pickles, relish, frozen veggies garlic bread ect I will- but MAYO and soda are the two things I won;t buy generic.

unplug stuff your not using- even tho it is not running it is drawing electricity- toaster oven, lamps you rarely use, the hair dryer, phone chargers even your computer.
    unplugging theses things can save as little as 20 dollars a month to ( in my case 50 dollars a month)

as wierd as it sounds making more is cheaper than making less- when making speghetti use 2 jars sauce, 1 lb of meat, can of mushrooms simmer for 30-45 minutes- after the first meal freeze the rest in dinner size servings for your family size- use to make lazagna, baked ZITI ect.

chili again very cheap to make - use 2 cans chili beans, 1 can red kidney beans, 1 can rotelle tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce, 1 lb fav meat, 1/2 med onion, simmer for 30-45 minutes, serve with crackers and cheddar cheese-
    use left overs to make "chili spegetti, taco salad, chili dogs.

I also make a menu for 2-3 weeks-
    on each menu I have a BFD ( breakfast for dinner)
    left overs
    Fend for yourself night ( eat what ever you want cus I ain't cookin LOL)

HTH's
  5. Senior Member
    Have you thought about trying to get a job where you live now? It may make you feel better and less homesick. I find when I'm not as active I am not as happy... I am miserable right now because I was used to working full time, going to school full time and being on the go nonstop. Hope you guys figure it out soon so you don't get as homesick.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    maybe check out Blanchfield? Do you live on base? If so, it would be an easy commute.
  7. Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, ladies I will try all of these things im so sure they will help us out
    Loving my new man and the marines !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!