Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartments/Condos with Military Clauses

1. HE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blog Entries

Apartments/Condos with Military Clauses

Advertisements
    Hi all!

I have lived on and off base in NV. And my DH wants to live off base and I have spend some many hours looking for a place to live and having hardly any luck because there are only a handful of apartment complexes that offer the military clause. Isn't that odd in an military base town??

Anyhow, I have tried military.com, apartmentguides.com, rent.com, the base housing office at the base he is going to be at when he returns (and was at before he went to Iraq), and so many more websites that just really irriate me! Can anyone give me any advice besides calling the base housing office at the base my DH is going to be stationed at?
  2. Senior Member
    When I looked at apts online none of them advertised having a military clause. I just asked when I called and found out that a lot of them did have it. Good luck though!
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    www.dodreferral.com
    www.militarybyowner.com

Definitely inquire with the landlord/property manager about the military clause.
  4. Senior Member
  5. .
    Talk to them and read it before you do anything. Even with orders for mine we had to give 30 days notice and we didn't have 30 days. So now I'm in MA paying 546 dollars for an apartment in VA till Dec 17th.

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i think most states have a military clause built into their state rental law which might be why you're not seeing it from individual landlords.
  7. I don't miss you & you alone; I miss you & me together...
    I don't miss you & you alone; I miss you & me together...
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    i think most states have a military clause built into their state rental law which might be why you're not seeing it from individual landlords.
    Thats how it was here for DB... I actually had to do everything cus he didn't get printed order til 2 days before he left.. But I took them to the Appt office, cable co and the phone store and no problems...

Good luck on your housing hunt!
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Yes but it never hurts to have it in your individual lease.
    OP i would ask the landlord to write in a military clause. They aren't standard in leases and often aren't included unless asked for.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    This is correct.
    Nevada does not have a Military Clause in their laws. This does not mean you can not ask to have one added to your lease. If the apartment needs renters, they may accept it.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    Yes but it never hurts to have it in your individual lease.
    OP i would ask the landlord to write in a military clause. They aren't standard in leases and often aren't included unless asked for.
    regardless of whether the military clause is stated specifically in your lease, if it is part of state rental law, your landlord is still bound by it. if i were in a situation with a landlord who wouldn't comply, i'd point it out to them...and if they didn't comply, i'd dare them to screw with me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast