Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Oconus Per Diem Rates

1. Member

Oconus Per Diem Rates

Advertisements
    This has probably been answered already, but I do need clarification. We checked out of housing last week. We recieved our DLA already. My question(s) is when does the travel per diem start to hit? Does it start the day the we checked out of housing? Or the day Dh is officially detachted from his currect unit? Also, do we have to request TLA? When should BAH hit? Should it hit this paycheck or the 15th pay check?

We are heading back to the east coast. Will we keep recieving OCONUS per diem until DH checks into his new unit?

Sorry for all the questions. This is our first move and not really sure how things work. Thanks ladies
  2. Senior Member
    Travel pay starts after he checks out with his command, not when you leave housing.

TLA is something you get retroactively after he checks in at the next command and submits a travel claim. He could have requested advanced travel pay, but that's a bit late for you now.

BAH gets turned on when he checks into the new command. But watch it- sometimes it doesn't arrive on the first paycheck, but you'll get it retroactive back to when he did check in.

I don't believe you will get OCONUS per diem once he checks out of his current command.

I think that answered everything. He can call his PSD and ask all of these questions too- they can look up exactly what has and hasn't been done in his account so far.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcwifex07 View Post
    This has probably been answered already, but I do need clarification. We checked out of housing last week. We recieved our DLA already. My question(s) is when does the travel per diem start to hit? Does it start the day the we checked out of housing? Or the day Dh is officially detachted from his currect unit? Also, do we have to request TLA? When should BAH hit? Should it hit this paycheck or the 15th pay check?

We are heading back to the east coast. Will we keep recieving OCONUS per diem until DH checks into his new unit?

Sorry for all the questions. This is our first move and not really sure how things work. Thanks ladies

I need clarification: obvioulsy you are flying from HI- so my question is- when you get back to the mainland are you flying to your new PDS or flying somewhere picking up a POV and then driving to the new PDS?
    the answer will determine per diem rates.

you should have requested TLA/TLE at the same time you requested DLA- you can ask for it in advance but is generally paid as a reimbursement at the end of the PCS.

BAH will start the day after you check out of housing- but if it is PPV it can take 30 days to get back into the pay check. it will also be prorated.
    it will be paid at the old PDS rate until he checks into the new unit.

COLA will stop the day he checks out of the unit - even if you are in TLA for any length of time.