Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Time Relocating:HELPP!!!IM STRESSING SO MUCH I COULD CRY!!

1. aksamoan

Help First Time Relocating:HELPP!!!IM STRESSING SO MUCH I COULD CRY!!

Advertisements
    SO MY HUBBY WILL GRADUATING DEC5 FROM AIRBORNE, AND THEN HE COMES HOME FOR HTRAP FOR 2 WEEKS AND GET US READY FOR MOVE, IM FREAKING OUT CUZ WE HAVE 2 BOYS 20 MONTHS AND 9 MONTHS, WHAT AM I TO EXPECT FROM THE TIME THE MOVERS COME GET OUR THINGS AND WE FLY TO FT BRAGG NORTH CAROLINA BECAUSE WE LIVE IN ALASKA AND CANT DRIVE ALL ACROSS THE US WITH 2 LIL ONES, SO WE HAVE TO FLY SO HWO WOULD THAT WORK? AND WHAT DO I EXPECT WHEN WE ARRIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA, WHEN WILL OUR THINGS BE THERE AFTER US? WHERE DO WE STAY OR WILL OUR ON BASE HOUSE BE READY FOR US TO MOVE? SEE, IM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I FEEL WE WILL NOT BE PREPARED FOR OUR KIDS SAKE AND SOMETHNG WILL TOTALLY GO WRONG....PLEASE EVERYBODY HELP ME....IM SO STRESSED, IM CAN BREAK DOWN AND CRY...PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
  2. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aksamoan View Post
    SO MY HUBBY WILL GRADUATING DEC5 FROM AIRBORNE, AND THEN HE COMES HOME FOR HTRAP FOR 2 WEEKS AND GET US READY FOR MOVE, IM FREAKING OUT CUZ WE HAVE 2 BOYS 20 MONTHS AND 9 MONTHS, WHAT AM I TO EXPECT FROM THE TIME THE MOVERS COME GET OUR THINGS AND WE FLY TO FT BRAGG NORTH CAROLINA BECAUSE WE LIVE IN ALASKA AND CANT DRIVE ALL ACROSS THE US WITH 2 LIL ONES, SO WE HAVE TO FLY SO HWO WOULD THAT WORK? AND WHAT DO I EXPECT WHEN WE ARRIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA, WHEN WILL OUR THINGS BE THERE AFTER US? WHERE DO WE STAY OR WILL OUR ON BASE HOUSE BE READY FOR US TO MOVE? SEE, IM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I FEEL WE WILL NOT BE PREPARED FOR OUR KIDS SAKE AND SOMETHNG WILL TOTALLY GO WRONG....PLEASE EVERYBODY HELP ME....IM SO STRESSED, IM CAN BREAK DOWN AND CRY...PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    1. Have you already signed up for base housing and are on a waiting list, if not you will need to sign onto a waiting list for base housing which can take anywhere from 3 months to years. All depends on how full the base housing is at your duty station.

2. I would suggest typing in your duty station in goggle and getting as much information as you can for things that you need, such as: finding close by walmarts or resturants to prepare yourself with the surroundings.

3. Also if your enrolled into DEERS, you need to update that information with your new address and have a PCM change, so you have a doctor at your new location. Go to: http://www.tricare.mil/ and http://www.mytricare.com/internet/tric/tri/tricare.nsf those two sites can help you out ALOT.

4. Have you already filled out paperwork for your iteams to be shipped? If not that needs to be done or else your iteams wont be shipped "freely"

5. The movers should give you an est. date of arrival for your things being shipped and contact numbers and via when you fill out the paperwork they will request you put down your contact numbers also.
  3. Senior Member
    Once you have your move scheduled there are some things that can help your move go more smoothly.

1. Have someone watch your little ones that day if you can. That will leave you free to supervise and answer any questions.

2. Pack all the things you will need for your family for the trip to North Carolina. Clothing, shoes a few toys snacks etc. Put those someplace that the movers will not have access to like at a friend's or family memebers. Otherwise you might end up with nothing

3. Have your things sorted and organized.
    Get rid of what you don't want.
    Put all books together
    Put all toys together
    Clothing together
    Bedding
    knickknacks and breakables

4. Have any special tools you may have if they need to un-assemble anything.

5. Place notes on each room as to how you want your boxes labeled if that is important
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    hey Im in Alaska too where are you at?
  5. I'm so Blessed
    I'm so Blessed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyWife.Moody View Post
    1. Have you already signed up for base housing and are on a waiting list, if not you will need to sign onto a waiting list for base housing which can take anywhere from 3 months to years. All depends on how full the base housing is at your duty station.

2. I would suggest typing in your duty station in goggle and getting as much information as you can for things that you need, such as: finding close by walmarts or resturants to prepare yourself with the surroundings.

3. Also if your enrolled into DEERS, you need to update that information with your new address and have a PCM change, so you have a doctor at your new location. Go to: http://www.tricare.mil/ and http://www.mytricare.com/internet/tric/tri/tricare.nsf those two sites can help you out ALOT.

4. Have you already filled out paperwork for your iteams to be shipped? If not that needs to be done or else your iteams wont be shipped "freely"

5. The movers should give you an est. date of arrival for your things being shipped and contact numbers and via when you fill out the paperwork they will request you put down your contact numbers also.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    your DH or you ( with a POA) can call and get the movers set up 30 days from the date of departure.
    they will come out and do an estimate so they know how many boxes and how much packing material they need.
    then they will come out to pack everything- they may need to use 2 days to do it.

they will crate your stuff since you are coming from AK- make sure they do that at your home and not at the wherehouse- you need to seal the crates and I mean YOU ( or your DH -when I say you I mean personaly OK?)
    it will take 30 days for your HHG's to get to your new duty station;

you can also set up an unaccompanied baggage shipment- this is a small HHG shipment that you can send in advance- but you need to arrange to do it at least 30 days before you leave to ensure that it is there when you arrive- things you can put- pack and play, toys, folding chairs, kitchen stuff, small tv, ect.

as for transportation- you will only be allowed to ship one car- if you only have one- you will have to ask for special permission to ship the ony car-
    there are many a military family that has driven from AK to the lower 48 with children- it is done 100"s of times a yr.
    your branch may not authorise the shipping of your vehicle, he needs to find out.

as for lodging- you need to call the housing office- many will not allow you to get on the list for housing until you are there,
    you will be entitled to TLE_ temporary lodging expense for a total of 10 days- but you have to pay for this out of pocket and will be reimbursed.

do a site search here for tons of information, and there is even a locations page for all the different areas.

this leaflet is CG but is the basically the same for all branches:

http://www.fincen.uscg.mil/HHG_files...Move_Sep07.pdf
  7. Currently surviving Deployment # 1
    Currently surviving Deployment # 1

Hello

Well if you need any info on Fort Bragg or what you need to do when you get here PM me, my husband and I just PCS'd here like 2 months ago so I am still pretty fresh on things!