Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Medical Records

  1. Married to a Naval Officer
    amdo_wife's Avatar
    amdo_wife is offline
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    885
    #1

    Medical Records

    Advertisements
    If you've PCSed recently, did you handcarry your medical records? I used to but the clinic I go to in Miramar said that they don't do that anymore. They can only give me copies or the clinic I'm going to can request them but they will only send them copies. Then they have 2 wait 2 years and if we haven't been seen for 2 years, they'll send it to archives. We have orders so we won't be seen there anymore. It doesn't make sense to me.
  2. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #2
    I know my base won't let us have my records... I think its fishy, like if they screw up we don't know so can't get mad. But just have them send them to wherever you're PCSing to... Eventually they will get there...
  3. Married to a Naval Officer
    amdo_wife's Avatar
    amdo_wife is offline
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    885
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    I know my base won't let us have my records... I think its fishy, like if they screw up we don't know so can't get mad. But just have them send them to wherever you're PCSing to... Eventually they will get there...
    I'm okay with them having to send the records. They told me a lot of people lose them. I totally believe that. I always bring my families records in our carry-on but I'm sure a lot of people don't. What I don't understand is why they can't send the originals. I need my original medical records!!!
  4. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #4
    copies should work pretty much anywhere... Military is trying to switch to all electronic anyways.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    SandyKay's Avatar
    SandyKay is offline
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    32,613

    #5
    Nope we PCS'd from Okinawa and weren't allowed to, only DH could. You can however get copies of parts of it if you have specialists appointments and such


  6. Married to a Naval Officer
    amdo_wife's Avatar
    amdo_wife is offline
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    885
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    copies should work pretty much anywhere... Military is trying to switch to all electronic anyways.
    I sure hope so. When I told my husband we'll get copies...WHAT!!!! He has his medical records with him. Can't they just give me original for MY records or even as a souvenir...haha. They better get those electronic records updated completely soon.
  7. God loves you and so do I!!!
    Armywifenmomof2's Avatar
    Armywifenmomof2 is offline
    God loves you and so do I!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Bragg
    Posts
    2,044
    #7
    We just pcsed a month ago and I have me and my kids records.. we were not suppose to hand carry them.. but i remember when the airforce lost my records when my dad was in.. and I just didnt trust them with my sons records.. his are pretty thick. anyway I went and asked for mine.. then I went back and asked for my sons,, then I went back another day and got my dd..they called me about 2 weeks later and asked if i had them because they were going to flag them as missing.. I told her I have them adn she said ok.. I feel why do they want my records.. they are mine.. they regulate everythigng else.. my records are mine.. I dont want copies.. they can have copies
  8. Married to a Naval Officer
    amdo_wife's Avatar
    amdo_wife is offline
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    885
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Armywifenmomof2 View Post
    We just pcsed a month ago and I have me and my kids records.. we were not suppose to hand carry them.. but i remember when the airforce lost my records when my dad was in.. and I just didnt trust them with my sons records.. his are pretty thick. anyway I went and asked for mine.. then I went back and asked for my sons,, then I went back another day and got my dd..they called me about 2 weeks later and asked if i had them because they were going to flag them as missing.. I told her I have them adn she said ok.. I feel why do they want my records.. they are mine.. they regulate everythigng else.. my records are mine.. I dont want copies.. they can have copies
    I tried getting my records, they won't give it to me. All the military hospitals/clinics that are run by the Navy in San Diego does the same thing. My husband want to go in there and I really don't want him to do that coz he gets all . So I'm still trying to look for a way. I can live with the copies but I still want my originals. I've had it for years. I'm gonna miss it!
  9. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    LoveDisappears's Avatar
    LoveDisappears is offline
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    15,787
    #9
    When we just came from Miramar to Pensacola DH hand carried his.


    Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.
    12.05.08

    KennyB = Greatness!
  10. Married to a Naval Officer
    amdo_wife's Avatar
    amdo_wife is offline
    Married to a Naval Officer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    885
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveDisappears View Post
    When we just came from Miramar to Pensacola DH hand carried his.
    They're fine with AD military. My husband got his for our overseas screening with no questions asked. I cannot get ours until we had an appointment at the clinic that does overseas screening and it has to be at a certain time frame.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •