Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AF Base Housing??

1. simply_sweetx0
    simply_sweetx0

AF Base Housing??

Advertisements
    Good Morning !

For Hanscom AFB,

Does anyone know how long the wait to get on base housing is??

And if there is not housing available, where do we live??

This is going to be DF and my first move, but we will be married by the time we go.

How does the move work, Are we going to have to do it our selves?? Or will they help move us?

So please help, because I really would love to know. So
  2. Senior Member
    I don't know about that base in particular, but if no housing is available you would get BAH for where you live to get an apartment or rent a house or whatever you want that way. The military will move your stuff, you should get more info once you have paper orders. Lotsa luck. Most the on base housing is privatized now, you can get better info by calling the housing number.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya03 View Post
    Good Morning !

For Hanscom AFB,

Does anyone know how long the wait to get on base housing is??

And if there is not housing available, where do we live??

This is going to be DF and my first move, but we will be married by the time we go.

How does the move work, Are we going to have to do it our selves?? Or will they help move us?

So please help, because I really would love to know. So
    I can't tell you the wait time. Each base is different. I always figure 3 to 6 months.

If housing isn't available, you will get BAH and look for an apartment, house, or some place to live.

As for the move, you can either do a Dity, Partial Dity, or let them do it.

A Dity move means you do it yourself. all the packing, hauling, and paying for everything but you get rembursed your expenses. A partial dity means you allow the government to do part and you do part. And if you allow the military to do it all, you don't get as much of a pay back but you don't have to deal with the moving. They will also store your items for 30 days with a 30 day extention possible.

Good luck.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Epic
    Epic

If the wait for housing is too long and you have to live off base I suggest going a bit further away from base or even to the MA/NH border on the NH side. Rental prices, well housing prices in general, in MA are high!