Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: first move

1. Senior Member

first move

Advertisements
    we are going to be moving to hawaii here soon. and i was wondering about food/spices. what cant you take? is there some kind of check off list.. should i have everything out of the cabinets such as dishes, pans,put out on the counters, i dont know how it works.or what i should do when the movers come. thanks in advance for anything!oh an also cleaning liquids are those allowed
    Last edited by lvnmysailor; 11-23-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: oh an also cleaning liquids are those allowed
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    When we did our first move through the military i threw out everything that could spoil ,of course, As far as spices, as long as they are sealed completely, or have lids keep it. You dont have to take things out, they will do it for you. What i do suggest is anything you dont want them to pack or that you are taking with you pack it yourself & put it in an empty closet & put a sign that says "do not pack. When they get there, they will need you to tell them what is to be packed and what is not, so when you are going through the room(s) make sure you tell them not to pack the closet with the sign or wherever you have your do not pack items. If you are having them pack a washer make sure it is unplugged & the drainage hose has already been drained out of all the water. If they are packing a fridge, it needs to be cleaned out & unplugged for 2-3days so it defrosts. Before they pack it put a box of arm n' hammer baking soda (make sure its the one that says for fridge & freezer) in the fridge part & freezer part, also put in a sock filled with coffee grounds in it so it doesnt start smelling. There is no check off list when they pack except your own if you have one. When they pack things in boxes they put a numbered sticker on it to keep track of the items, that way once you receive the items in Hawaii thats how they make sure you got everything. Good Luck
  3. Senior Member
    noooooo erika you cant leave.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcguire View Post
    noooooo erika you cant leave.

im sorry casey!!! lol im kinda being forced