Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I Need some Guidance

1. MrsRobbins

I Need some Guidance

Advertisements
    this is very to new to me and my husband is getting ready to be stationed in okinawa,japan at Kadena AB.I need to know what necessary steps i have to take in order to be fully prepared for this move ..you know as the wife i have to what i need to do just in case he dont know whats what..so can someone point oin the right direction so i can find out what i need to do to be ready for okinawa....?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsRobbins View Post
    this is very to new to me and my husband is getting ready to be stationed in okinawa,japan at Kadena AB.I need to know what necessary steps i have to take in order to be fully prepared for this move ..you know as the wife i have to what i need to do just in case he dont know whats what..so can someone point oin the right direction so i can find out what i need to do to be ready for okinawa....?
    Wow, congratulations! Being stationed in Japan is wonderful.

Your husband will need to make an appointment with the people who will arrange for you household goods to be shipped. Those folks are VERY good at this, they do this all the time, and they will have the most up-to-date information for you.

Okinawa is warm; much like Key West here in the US. It's about 800 miles from mainland Japan. Everyone I know who has been stationed there has really liked it. We were at Yokosuka (Navy) on mainland Japan so it's quite a bit different.

There is a LOT to do on Okinawa and in Japan/Asia. make a point of spending a lot of time in the local community; the Japanese people are warm, inviting, and they are just as curious about Americans as we are about them. Taste everything, experience everything you can. The MWR facilities in Japan are very good as far as helping you get involved in local customs and activities.

Again- congratulations!