Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving Money

1. Senior Member

Grumpy Moving Money

Advertisements
    What money/allowances do you get when you PCS? I know DLA but what else?

We just moved from Sig to VA and we got our DLA but have been paying out of pocket for our food and hotels for the last 6 days. Dh said he couldn't submit for reimbursement until he checks into the command in Jan. He's in school for 2 weeks and then he has 30 days leave.

I thought there was a way to request an advance on those monies. He says Im wrong. I was NOT expecting to wait until feb. to get that money back. If he's right we will have a very tight Christmas.

Any help would be great!!!

TIA
  2. Banned
    Banned
    you can request an advance on TLE- but it is not suggested=

you are only allowed 10 days in a hotel on TLE- you have only 4 days left-
    when you reach your ten days your DH will submit a claim for the hotel. there is a cap of 180 per day per family for hotel and food- that means that is a CAP- but the room charges are based on a local rate and could be far less than that, you will need paid reciepts for the hotels and the will get a flat rate for food regardless of what you spent.

if you locality room rate is 70 a night= that is all you will get for the room- and for food for 2 it will be about 35 a day. for kids you can add about 15 dollars a day each- BUT it cannot exceed 180 no matter what.

if you flew right into VA and did not drive anywhere- you are not entitled to per diem or malt. only DLA and TLE.

however- if you have to drive a long distance to p/u your car you can be reimbursed for that
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you can request an advance on TLE- but it is not suggested=

you are only allowed 10 days in a hotel on TLE- you have only 4 days left-
    when you reach your ten days your DH will submit a claim for the hotel. there is a cap of 180 per day per family for hotel and food- that means that is a CAP- but the room charges are based on a local rate and could be far less than that, you will need paid reciepts for the hotels and the will get a flat rate for food regardless of what you spent.

if you locality room rate is 70 a night= that is all you will get for the room- and for food for 2 it will be about 35 a day. for kids you can add about 15 dollars a day each- BUT it cannot exceed 180 no matter what.

if you flew right into VA and did not drive anywhere- you are not entitled to per diem or malt. only DLA and TLE.

however- if you have to drive a long distance to p/u your car you can be reimbursed for that
    We spent 2 days at the Navy Lodge in Sig, left fri am landed in VA fri pm, had to have a rental car until mon, (we couldnt pick up his truck from the dealership until then),

we moved into our rental Mon afternoon, so we spent fri. night-mon afternoon at the hotel in VA.

Now we are in a house with almost nothing. Thank goodness for our landlord and Goodwill!!! We found out Mon that our express wont be here until approx. the mid dec bc of all the holidays (or so they say) we packed the express Nov. 10th. Thank goodness I packed a suitcase of bedsheets and towels.

Can he go now and file his TLE? He says he cant do that until mid-jan when he checks into the command.
  4. Senior Member
    What is TLE?
  5. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    He should be able to go to PSD and file his travel claim now.

And trust me I know how you feel.. we didn't have any furniture for a month.. just an air mattress! it was an advanture
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WIKSWIFE View Post
    What is TLE?
    TLE is temporary lodging expense-

you will also be reimbursed for TLA ( temp lodging allowance for your stay before you left Sig.
    this is branch specific- but DH is CG and did not need to check in before submitting the travel claim.

I beleive ALL branches can now do them on line.

and by fax-

what branch is he in and I can see if I can find the info for you/. hak!! If I took the time to look I would see a huge missile in your siggie saying your NAVY!!! LOL
    I will look for the info and post back ASAP!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    I cannot find it-- I will keep looking and hopefully someone will come along who has it!

OH I know PM NC- SEA she knows alot about navy stuff she might be able to get it.

good luck!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We WERE lucky I suppose we got $2000 upfront just had to prove we moved..truck info and weight ticket..and then we just got another $350
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    We WERE lucky I suppose we got $2000 upfront just had to prove we moved..truck info and weight ticket..and then we just got another $350
    she just moved from OVERSEAS tho- so she does not get per diem or MALT..
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    she just moved from OVERSEAS tho- so she does not get per diem or MALT..
    whoops sorry...