Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JRB Ft Worth?

1. You are here.
    You are here.

JRB Ft Worth?

Advertisements
    Can anyone give me a heads up on JRB Ft Worth? housing? Area? How big the base is? TIA
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi,

I am at JRB Fort Worth about to PCS to Hawaii in Feb 09. I really like it here. We have been very happy with the area we settled in which is to the North of the base, close to Keller. I would not recommend the area around the base it is not the best. Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with. If you are looking for a good school district KellerISD is THE BEST. My son has been at Bluebonnet Elementary School k-4th and I can't tell you how happy he and I are with the school. Do you have kids?

Please feel free to email me nicknnellie@sbcglobal.net

Nellie
  3. Senior Member
    Hi! We just moved to Monterey, CA from the Ft Worth area. My DH wasn't at JRB, he was going to school at the Univ. of North Texas for the Air Force. We lived in Keller. Great area and wonderful schools. We bought a house in the Villages of Woodland Springs. Great neighborhood with 2 elementary schools in it. Please let me know if I can help you in any way!
    You will love the area! We miss it terribly!
    Amy
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

We use to live there & d the area but housing is SMALL-there are only like 83 or so houses(at least thats the # when we were there )
  5. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelliefitz View Post
    Hi,

I am at JRB Fort Worth about to PCS to Hawaii in Feb 09. I really like it here. We have been very happy with the area we settled in which is to the North of the base, close to Keller. I would not recommend the area around the base it is not the best. Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with. If you are looking for a good school district KellerISD is THE BEST. My son has been at Bluebonnet Elementary School k-4th and I can't tell you how happy he and I are with the school. Do you have kids?

Please feel free to email me nicknnellie@sbcglobal.net

Nellie
    Thank you. Yes, I have three, two school aged children, and one that will be in preschool. Thanks for the heads up on the area and the school. I wish you well on your PCS to Hawaii.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't live near the base but a city close to it. The area near the base is pretty run down. I suggest like Keller, Fort Worth, or even Denton (REALLY CLOSE TO ME) Just ask away and I can help ya out considering I live like an hour from there.
  7. Missing Him So Much!
    Missing Him So Much!
    I used to live there when I was a child, when it was a full Active Base. We lived in Bedford, it's a gorgeous area and the last time I was there (just a few years ago) it was still gorgeous. Some of my old neighbors still live there...that was definitely 20 years ago, lol.
    "I f*ckin hate you, I f*ckin hate you, I f*ckin hate you QP, QP, QP!"

~what Buckwheat would really say~
  8. Senior Member

I grew up in Keller! Keller has the best schools in the state.
  9. Senior Member
    I live in fort worth, hubby is stationed at jrb, we are about 20 mins from the base. We live in a really nice housing development and the schools are great over here, i dont have any complaints at all. Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have about the area. We have been here for going on 3 years now.
  10. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    i'm from bedford (prob 30-40 commute to base) and i'm on my way back from hawaii! keller is great! there are a TON of new schools going up in saginaw ( near the racetrack) n. richland hills and richland hills is older but nice as well... a little suggestion... e-5 in tx is going to get 1200-1300 in BAH... buy a house... much better for your money! the schools in tx are great as well, just stick north of 121, 183, and 820!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast